Respected Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Only Wear a Fraction of Their Clothes?

Most definitely.

I am thinking to myself why do  I have two pieces in my cart at this very moment.

I have put them back in there for a few days now...so I know I will order them.

I suppose it is better than the five or so that were in there...

Is that my logic? Yep. Ridiculous? Yep,

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I don't have stay at home clothes.  I do have yardwork clothing but I wear the same clothes I would wear out every day if I was still grocery shopping, etc.  

Respected Contributor

okay raises her hand .

I start out when arranging/changing my closets for the coming seasons telling myself I am going to wear more of my clothes and trying new combos. By the next session for upcoming season I realize I did not follow thru. I tend to go to the same combined items for hot summertime though. mainly for cool comfort. I use more variety in fall /winter.

I have found it is good for me to keep many items as I have all through my life found some items fit comfortably or not according to just a 3-5 lb. loss or gain Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

When I retired, I had a purge of most of my work clothes. And I noticed I wore the same work clothes much of the time. Because most of the things I donated were not part of my regular rotation of clothes I wore to work. I kept lots of clothes for nicer occasions. Well, I can't tell you the last time I have been to a wedding or a party or even had to dress up.

I wear pretty much casual clothes everyday.

I am so tempted to have another purge because I doubt that I will need anything but casual clothing in the future.

I do have a funeral next week. So I will keep a few dresses. But I certainly don't need all the clothes currently in the closet.

Honored Contributor

I wear everything in my closet, but I definitely wear some items more than others. I have my favorite items and outfits that I reach for frequently.

I love to shop, but I haven’t done much of that lately. There’s nothing in my closet with tags. I also purge regularly. If I’m not wearing something very often I force myself to wear it. I usually figure out quickly why I don’t wear it so it ends up in my donation bag in the basement. 

Respected Contributor

@piperbay wrote:

I once heard the 80/20 rule about our closet. We wear 20 per cent of our clothes 80 per cent of the time.    That would probably be true for me.  

I've never heard of that rule having to do with clothing.  I know about it on the job.  I was told 80/20 applied to supervising - I would find myself supervising 20% of the crew.  The rest did their jobs.  That proved to be true, but wow, what a job on those 20%!  LOL! 

As far as clothing, I absolutely don't need to purchase clothing!  I don't even look at new clothing.  I don't care what the price is!  Has nothing to do with life right now, but this experience has definitely given me more time to think about it.

Trusted Contributor

I have bought a few items in January,still have not worn them.Finally back to church,which is wed,am,nobody dresses up there,small members only.I do go grocery shopping,my banking,that's all I will do.Hopefully the vaccine will get here soon.stay safe everyone.

Honored Contributor

Good grief NO I don't wear only a fraction of my clothes! 

Only celebraties can wear a fraction of their clothes and not be arrested!  What are you thinking?????  Woman Embarassed

Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't bought any clothes since the pandemic started. Made me realize how much I already have in my closet when I do do somewhere...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

me