Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Does Anyone Only Wear a Fraction of Their Clothes?

It's not just because of the present situation, but I am finding that I only wear a small fraction of the clothes that I own. Not counting the variety because of the 4 seasons, or the formal things I need for performance.

I just seem to reach for favorites.

Wash & wear, wash & wear.

I already culled my closet & drawers several times.

I think I change my earrings more than I do my clothing!

Does anyone relate?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Only Wear a Fraction of Their Clothes?

Absolutely, I'm the same.

And each time I think about it, it makes me 'tiffed'. 

Not angry, but disappointed with myself.

Now, to change my mind-set, and wear some of those other clothes.............

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Oh yes, I can definitely relate.  I choose the same outfits over and over again.  I'll look into my closet and wonder why I have so many clothes when I really don't wear them.

You're a step ahead of me in that you have already gone through your closets and selected the ones you don't wear.   That's exactly what I need to do.  

I laughed at your comment about your earrings because I can sure relate.  I have many pairs and I change them quite frequently.   Very often someone will ask me if I've gotten a new pair of earrings because they haven't seen them before but I seldom get asked if my blouse or slacks are new.  They've seen them many times before.   

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think we all have our favorites. Being at home so much now, I hate to even look in my closet at some spring things I bought back in January....still hanging there, unworn. No reason to wear nice white pants when I am staying at home. I go out only when necessary right now, and that’s usually to pick up groceries or medicine. I already cleaned out my closet back in March, and am doing a second-round now focusing on my shoes and kitchen cabinets. Once there is a vaccine and we are able to get out again, I will be wearing lots of the things in my closet and will want to throw out the stuff I wear now....am getting sick of it! 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Same here .. and as of this moment .. I feel I have enough that

I may try to make it through a year without buying anything ....

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Yes. 😞 My vice - clothes and clothes shopping.

I picked up Old Navy ($7.99 - $10 casual summer tops) couple of Land send tanks $10 and casual skirts from JCP ($11) and ($18) dresses from (JCP) and I am ignoring the old stuff...😣 Will move to the consignment pile. 

I got a great pair of boyfriend-style jeans from Old Navy for $15 bucks - super cute on.

I am a bargain shopper and will never over-pay or purchase full price. So a sale stalker too.

⚓️
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Harpa Yes I can truly relate.  I also have a dress up reserve for special occassions that still have tags on them.my mother was always a stickler for having "nice" items.  I think I get in a rut and reach for the same ole stuff on a regular basis.  I also have a section I wore 20 pounds lighter, for what?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I think that's pretty common.  I'm actually forcing myself to wear each item in my closet at least once this summer.  Have a couple of new items I haven't worn yet, but will before the season is over.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I have really pared down and actually wear everything.  Had to make an absolute rule that one out when one comes in.  It is easy on the mind.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm not getting many hours where I work, but my "Stay at home, puppy clothes" are getting a workout!Smiley Happy