Super Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Have The Item # of this Vintage Linea Piece?

What a great idea! I have just finished reading "change your clothes, change your life,' and trying to find a system to organize my closet. Since I have only been a Linea lady for a year and half, I can easily go back and get pictures of the pieces I have. I love the ideas that come up on this blog.Thanks

Honored Contributor

Owl.....I'd love to have your skills Smiley Happy and I'm lovin' the vintage Linea. His clothes are work horses forever!

Valued Contributor

Looking at the fabric content - and indeed this is not a whisper knit - it's easy to see why I cut the sleeves off Smiley Wink No stretch.

Regular Contributor

Owl, such a great organizational system you have! I just spent an afternoon re-organizing a lot of my huge collection of Whisper Knits and one problem is identifying the precise color names-- so as to enhance my ability to 'match' pieces of the exact shade. For example, Louis has produced multiple shades of green (all of which this 'greenie' has) and when reaching for a 'green' wk skirt to go with a 'green' green turtleneck, it can mean a lot of taking clothing to the window to guage the precise shades and whether they match.

So I've been entering in the item numbers (I still have the tags on them) online, jotting down the official color names on a small piece of index card, and including it in a plastic bag encasing the sweater or wk skirt. (I have had to 'roll' up my wk skirts and then place them in a plastic bin-- not enough drawer space to fold and do not want to hang them due to stretching.)

Valued Contributor

Thank you Blinddogs for the bright ideas. I only have Louis' hunter green which I love but I sure do have a LOT of his reds. I've been surprised at which ones work with which red items from the past. But some are just a tad off as to matching and not crazy about trying for harmony Smiley Wink Reds don't love singing in the same choir with all the other reds shall we say.

I am going to try the plastic bag/index card idea. I might use office labels on bags instead of the cards but I can see it would be most helpful. Thankfully you can pretty much count on Linea dark navies to work beautifully together.