Trusted Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Have Any Idea How Many TSV's Susan Graver Has Had This Year?

@Seka wrote:

B. Makowsky & Kathy Van Zeeland Handbags were promoted what seemed to be every other hour!  Lots of Shows - plenty of TSV's - bringing in the $ - and now! Nothing!

At some point - even Susan Graver will become over saturated.

I ordered a few handbags from them and was disappointed with the quality. They seemed to have  disappeared. I wonder if they are still in business? 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Trusted Contributor

Bruce and Kathy are selling very high end real estate in Southern California. Google them. The properties are amazing and cost many millions.
Valued Contributor

On 8/11, I ordered SG's last TSV.............one a month seems excessive.

@stevieb

Honored Contributor

Seka wrote:

B. Makowsky & Kathy Van Zeeland Handbags were promoted what seemed to be every other hour!  Lots of Shows - plenty of TSV's - bringing in the $ - and now! Nothing!

At some point - even Susan Graver will become over saturated.

big difference between bmak/kvz and susan graver......

up to a point bmak/kvz owned their own brand and they both sold very well on qvc and via other outlets and then eventually sold it to another company. after that, they became much less popular, but bmak and kvz made a fortune with the sale and turned to other interests, as mentioned above.

i still have a number of bmak handbags and i love them!

susan graver has been with qvc for over 20 years now with no signs of slowing down. they plucked her from bloomingdales and created a huge brand on qvc, which qvc owns.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

susan graver has been with qvc for over 20 years now with no signs of slowing down. they plucked her from bloomingdales and created a huge brand on qvc, which qvc owns.

I remember Susan Graver was in those small Bloomingdales By Mail catalogs, but I do not think she was ever in their stores.  Once I tried returning in the store one of her items I purchased by mail, I was told I had to return it by mail.

Honored Contributor

She seems to get about the same amount as Diane Gilman gets at the other network - about one a month.

I'm sure it's based on sales...those that sell the most get the largest number of TSVs.

Respected Contributor

I'm wondering why someone would complain that QVC promotes one of their best selling lines like this.  Sounds like good business sense to me.

Respected Contributor

I've been a SG fan for a couple decades plus. She keeps many of us happy.

Trusted Contributor

I remember purchasing a Susan Graver blouse from Nordstroms many years ago. 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45. I agree.  QVC will always push and promote the brands that they own.  SG works for and with their designers and distributors.  She says this and tells us of all the many regular meetings she has at the Q studio.  Susan works with them and represents the brand she created.  She sells more because they make and promote more.  Other designers appear NOT to be asked to produce more.  Designers say they will ask to increase their numbers or ask to bring back items that are to be discontinued.  We know this does not happen.  QVC pushes the products where they get the biggest profit.  They tell us who sells the most, who is the most requested, etc.  They control the hype we are shown and told.   I can read reviews.  If there are 6000+ pieces sold of an item that is a favorite we should see reviews stating such.  I do not pay attention to reviews on Facebook or the live call ins.  People like to hear themselves and get 15 seconds of fame.  Bad reviews would never be put on the air.  On the rare occasion someone with an innocent question gets on air it is a panic to cut them off.