Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Get The Soft Surroundings Catalog?

@ECBG wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

I do but only because I purchase one of my good GF's a gift card from there, she loves the store a few years back. I have never ordered from them myself, but they have me on that list.

@icezeus I've purchased several items in our B & M store, am in their data base, and still no catalog.

@ECBG 

I truly don't understand some retail stores. Perhaps, because I had the gift card mailed to my house? 

A few years back I even called and had them remove me from the mailing list. They stopped for awhile and slowly  started back up. I gave up. I just put them in the recycle bin when received. 

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

I do but only because I purchase one of my good GF's a gift card from there, she loves the store a few years back. I have never ordered from them myself, but they have me on that list.

@icezeus I've purchased several items in our B & M store, am in their data base, and still no catalog.

@ECBG 

I truly don't understand some retail stores. Perhaps, because I had the gift card mailed to my house? 

A few years back I even called and had them remove me from the mailing list. They stopped for awhile and slowly  started back up. I gave up. I just put them in the recycle bin when received. 

@icezeus I feel it's because of the large amount of on line orders.  They're "giving" you another enticement. 

Super Contributor

I do.  I have ordered a few items from them thru the years. 

Esteemed Contributor

I get SS catalogs but I've never ordered from them.  For me, their prices and shipping charges are too high for what you get.   I flip thru them, then toss in the recycling bin.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

Soft Surroundings used to have lovely styled clothing and beautiful material. In the last few years, their fabric has become very cheap and they don't have the styles they used to. I stopped shopping there, I really miss what they used to be.

@wishmoon  The same happened to Coldwater Creek.  That is what happened to them.  I think the same will happen to Soft Surroundings if the quality does not return.

Respected Contributor

Yes!  And drool over it for days on end...

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

I get it and one came in the mail just the other day.  Yesterday in a fit of "i have too much stuff!" I tossed it out without even looking at it.  I think I get it because I have shopped their website a few times.  I am finding I like Sundance Catalog more than Soft Surroundings and Anthropology lately. 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you have the patience to browse through a lot of clothing, check out the site called anniecloth.  You will find some of the exact same Soft Surrounding items with the same models at a fraction of the price.

Honored Contributor

@RedRedHair wrote:

If you have the patience to browse through a lot of clothing, check out the site called anniecloth.  You will find some of the exact same Soft Surrounding items with the same models at a fraction of the price.

@RedRedHair Thank you.  I looked, very interesting.

@Andreatoo You might want to check out this site.  Some items looked like they were from Sundance.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@RedRedHair wrote:

@RedRedHair Thank you.  I looked, very interesting.

@Andreatoo You might want to check out this site.  Some items looked like they were from Sundance.Smiley Happy

@ECBG 

interesting stuff but it's one of the Asian sites with limited recourse if you're not happy....