Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Get Style Watch Magazine?

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I'm getting some incredibly good emails from Style Watch magazine.  It's by the same people that publish People magazine.  I looked for it but couldn't find it at the grocery store.  Maybe I'm between deliveries.

I cancelled In Style several years ago.  To many pages devoted to actresses in designer gowns at award shows.  I can see that on line.

Hello @ECBG. Yes, I had a subscription for many years. Recently canceled it. Just like Marie Claire, Glamour & several others that I've had delivered for decades, I outgrew them. There seem to be no fashion magazines for women over 40-50. More was great, but is no longer published & Mirabella was a favorite, but also met its demise years ago! 

@Shanus,Hey Girl!  I've gotten grown up fashion and great ideas from Bazaar.  Love that one.

I still get Bazaar & Vogue because I like to keep up with jewelry styles/colors. I think Bazaar does devote a few pages to Style at Any Age. I flip to 60's, but always looks matronly to me....I dress more like the 30's or 40's page. 

Honored Contributor

I do not subscribe anymore; I pick up the spring edition and I buy the big fall edition.  I love that one.  I buy the jeans edition too but I'm not sure if they still do that.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I'm getting some incredibly good emails from Style Watch magazine.  It's by the same people that publish People magazine.  I looked for it but couldn't find it at the grocery store.  Maybe I'm between deliveries.

I cancelled In Style several years ago.  To many pages devoted to actresses in designer gowns at award shows.  I can see that on line.

Hello @ECBG. Yes, I had a subscription for many years. Recently canceled it. Just like Marie Claire, Glamour & several others that I've had delivered for decades, I outgrew them. There seem to be no fashion magazines for women over 40-50. More was great, but is no longer published & Mirabella was a favorite, but also met its demise years ago! 

@Shanus,Hey Girl!  I've gotten grown up fashion and great ideas from Bazaar.  Love that one.

I still get Bazaar & Vogue because I like to keep up with jewelry styles/colors. I think Bazaar does devote a few pages to Style at Any Age. I flip to 60's, but always looks matronly to me....I dress more like the 30's or 40's page. 

@Shanus,I do the 30's and 40's too!  Really, it's just color stories once you leave the 20's!  There's really no difference.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

no fashion magazines for women over 40-50.

There was More, but that devolved into menopause and issues and no fashion/beauty, which was boring to me 

not sure why it has to be one over the other or equal amounts of both, 

or maybe the women who are into fashion and beauty keep reading Vogue, Instyle et. al? 

Esteemed Contributor

I've been buying the British editions of Harper's Bazaar and or Vogue and Tattler just for something different. They use better paper and they just look and smell more luxurious to me. 

The irony of beauty and fashion magazines not catering to anyone over 40 is that who still buy print magazines? People 40 and over. Those magazine editors are fast losing their jobs too as companies bail on print adverising so that magazines' revenue has dropped precipitously.

Super Contributor

Shanus, I agree with you that Mirabella was a good read and that the Bazaar 30's - 40's is the best!

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear,Try Bazaar.  It's for ladies.  I love it!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@jackthebear,Try Bazaar.  It's for ladies.  I love it!

I think I get that, or read it through our library,  its a good one too 

Respected Contributor

I know some people here don't care for Instyle any more but I still like it.  The last few magazines had stories on women closer to my age like Nicole Kidman that were interesting and I like to see the different products they feature.  I got a copy of Marie Claire in my mailbox this week and was thinking where in the world did this come from but I think I may have gotten it free with something I bought on HSN!

Honored Contributor

Received my September paper copy today, I always get the tablet version earlier but don't get around to it. They have some very pretty items in this issue. Saw so many things I liked, have to just window shop.

Beautiful picture of Demi Lovato on the cover.

One look they have that I never would have thought of is a white lace long sleeve blouse with a v neck short sleeve velvet top over it. It's a pretty Gap white blouse.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"