Esteemed Contributor

Do you wear your pants as tight as....

I watched a little of Kim Gravel with Mary this morning.  They both had on super tight 'jeans" that didn't look good on either of them.  Then they started selling joggers.  Mary put those on and looked good in them.  It seems just about every host and model wears super tight pants.  Not talking leggings. I don't like baggy pants but I wish the super tight look would go away.  Do you like and wear pants that tight?  I guess if you look like Katia the model, anything would look good.  But most women don't.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you wear your pants as tight as....

[ Edited ]

I don't like super tight pants or jeans either. I carry my weight in hips and thighs so tight fitting pants are not the most flattering look for my shape. I don't think they're comfortable either, especially in the warmer months. 

I think a lot of these tight pants are the result of the skinny jeans and leggings that have been so popular for several years now. I remember how "shocking" it was when skinny fit first became popular. Women weren't sure they wanted to wear that style, but it seems many women love the look now. I keep reading that skinny is out and a looser pant is in, but I still a lot more skin tight pants on Q models and regular people in my city than looser styles. 

Respected Contributor

I like close-fitting jeans.  I can't stand the baggy-from-behind look.  I prefer the fit I get from NYDJ Spanspring jeans (slim bootcut) or DG2 Infinity (skinny and slim bootcut).

Honored Contributor

I think they often stuff models into too tight pants.  I'm not sure if they are doing it so that they can show how stretchy the fabric is or if the stylists are clueless.  Horizontal wrinkles means they're too tight no matter how much stretch there is.  

I don't buy super stretchy jeans.  They're tight when I put them on.  I do one deep knee bend and they're perfect, body hugging with no horizontal wrinkles and you can't see he shape of my calves in them.

Honored Contributor

I don't like skin tight jeans that you can barely breathe in, nor do I like to wear ones that are baggy and not figure flattering. There is a happy medium and that's where I am. 

Valued Contributor

Kim Gravel and I like her, but she always says she wears a size 12, I have to question that??????????????????? like so many others when they tell their sizes.....hips don't lie....

Honored Contributor

I don't like any tight fitting clothing including leggings.  Haven't worn them since grammar school!!  For me, clothes should fit comfortably--not too tight and not too loose.

Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

I watched a little of Kim Gravel with Mary this morning.  They both had on super tight 'jeans" that didn't look good on either of them.  Then they started selling joggers.  Mary put those on and looked good in them.  It seems just about every host and model wears super tight pants.  Not talking leggings. I don't like baggy pants but I wish the super tight look would go away.  Do you like and wear pants that tight?  I guess if you look like Katia the model, anything would look good.  But most women don't.

@MoJoV 

I didn't see the show you referenced here, but I think there are actually two issues here. 

First, if women like the feeling of snug pants, such as leggings etc, they will tend to wear them.  The decision to wear them is based on the "feel" of the garment.

The problem is, Second, that tight pants are NOT FLATTERING on all women.   

There are all sorts of clothing options to choose from, and different instances where we'd wear them.  A lot of the clothes and shoes I wear at home are for comfort, but I'd wear dressier items when I go out.

Why do women deliberately wear clothing that isn't flattering to her figure?   

Could the answer be as simple as she doesn't own a full length mirror?   Or she really never learned what flatters her body type?  

Or could it be that she doesn't have any friends to tell her when something isn't her best look?   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@MoJoV wrote:

@MoJoV 

I didn't see the show you referenced here, but I think there are actually two issues here. 

First, if women like the feeling of snug pants, such as leggings etc, they will tend to wear them.  The decision to wear them is based on the "feel" of the garment.

The problem is, Second, that tight pants are NOT FLATTERING on all women.   

There are all sorts of clothing options to choose from, and different instances where we'd wear them.  A lot of the clothes and shoes I wear at home are for comfort, but I'd wear dressier items when I go out.

Why do women deliberately wear clothing that isn't flattering to her figure?   

Could the answer be as simple as she doesn't own a full length mirror?   Or she really never learned what flatters her body type?  

Or could it be that she doesn't have any friends to tell her when something isn't her best look? 

Perhaps she's at a time in life that she's decided that comfort is more important than impressing people or caring what others think.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I do not like skin tight jeans that you can barely breathe in, nor do I like to wear ones that are baggy and not figure flattering. There is a happy medium and that's where I am. 

Bingo, same here.