Visitor

Re: Do you wear your pants as tight as....

Enjoy Kim Gravel , however when working with Mary , they could really tone it down. On morning show 8-24-22 showing the mega hem jeans , they were both all over the place! Kim started telling about the wide hem, Mary interrupted and Kim never went back to the whatever it was she was trying to say. I am sorry but this is annoying. Have a good time girls, sell your products but please tone it down a little. Rant over , Now let me go check out those pants showing now
Honored Contributor

NEVER EVER..... I don't wear pants that tight. I always order up at least one size for leggings and always fit pants to my waist, which is my biggest area, unfortunately. Have to groan when I hear that you can order a size down and no lumps or bumps will show---100% wrong!!! I have stopped buying clothes onine. Would rather go to the mall and try things on in person. 

Esteemed Contributor

No...I don't like looking like I am trying to put 20 lbs of potatoes in a 10 lb bag....

Respected Contributor

I don’t have any issues with close fitting pants and a nice tunic. However, if the pants are creased across the hips or the legs, they are not the right size. It seems that too many on QVC, hosts and models, are being put into clothing that is not the right size or cut for them. It doesn’t make me think that I should buy the pants if they don’t look good on air. I have to assume my normal Q size might be ill-fitting or if I size up, they will be too big.
Esteemed Contributor

I don't like or wear tight fitting pants.  Even the skinny pants that have a lot of stretch - if they are hugging the legs, they bug me.  And those don't look good on anybody,  I don't care how thin you are.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@alliswell wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I do not like skin tight jeans that you can barely breathe in, nor do I like to wear ones that are baggy and not figure flattering. There is a happy medium and that's where I am. 

Bingo, same here.

Sometimes they grow  on your.  My NYDJ, Jen7 got bigger as the day wore on.

Trusted Contributor

I like a form fitting jean but I, also, like a baggier look. It depends on how I want to accessorize with tops and shoes.

I've seen some of the hosts wearing pants of any type so tight that the fabric ripples all the way down the leg. I don't like the way that looks. Then, they go on and on about the great fit. Nope.

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@MoJoV wrote:

I watched a little of Kim Gravel with Mary this morning.  They both had on super tight 'jeans" that didn't look good on either of them.  Then they started selling joggers.  Mary put those on and looked good in them.  It seems just about every host and model wears super tight pants.  Not talking leggings. I don't like baggy pants but I wish the super tight look would go away.  Do you like and wear pants that tight?  I guess if you look like Katia the model, anything would look good.  But most women don't.

@MoJoV 

I didn't see the show you referenced here, but I think there are actually two issues here. 

First, if women like the feeling of snug pants, such as leggings etc, they will tend to wear them.  The decision to wear them is based on the "feel" of the garment.

The problem is, Second, that tight pants are NOT FLATTERING on all women.   

There are all sorts of clothing options to choose from, and different instances where we'd wear them.  A lot of the clothes and shoes I wear at home are for comfort, but I'd wear dressier items when I go out.

Why do women deliberately wear clothing that isn't flattering to her figure?   

Could the answer be as simple as she doesn't own a full length mirror?   Or she really never learned what flatters her body type?  

Or could it be that she doesn't have any friends to tell her when something isn't her best look? 

Perhaps she's at a time in life that she's decided that comfort is more important than impressing people or caring what others think.

@ThinkingOutLoud 

I'm all for comfort, but not to the extent of "letting myself go".   In many cases, that's how the grandkids will remember you.

Just my opinion, of course.