Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you wear white pants?

Nope, never.  I don't need anything extra to worry about.  And I really don't like them on other people.  I don't even like the look of white pants on the Q models.  

Honored Contributor

@Robin1869  I will wear white cotton pants in the hot summer.  Sometimes you can get two wears out of them.  It's the nature of the beast white is going to show dirt right away.  However, they reflect the sun whereas black does not.  I wear khaki, black, jeans, green khaki and navy.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Never.

Honored Contributor

I like to have one white pant and walk short in my wardrobe for spring & summer. I am a bit self conscious about my wider hips and fuller thighs so it can take awhile to find the pair that works best for me. I always like to wear a top that is a bit longer with white bottoms. It doesn’t have to be tunic length, but if it covers some of my backside I feel more confident in wearing white. 

Valued Contributor

No.  Not flattering at my size.  I would if I was thinner.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

I do and I like them. It can be a bit tricky finding pants that  aren't opaque. My jeans are great. Joan rivers has a new white pant I am considering for summer

I agree ... need an opaque white (tops or bottoms). I also like that designers are using flesh colored pockets so the pocket doesn't show thru the jeans. Genius!

I wear white pants/capri/shorts as soon as weather become sunny/warm enough feeling in Seattle. Sometimes that's in April - sometimes in May. I wear thru September and then switch to winter white for Sept thru Feb.

I've never considered not wearing because of worrying about getting dirty. And I can be a bit of a mess while eating. I do get it though ... nothing more annoying/embarassing than having a spot on your clothing when your out and about in public.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

Love 'em! They look good with tan ankles/calves/feet. And if I spill something, I don't mind...have several other pairs in my closet!

I just realized that almost all my bottoms are black or white.

Ditto. My pants right now are black or navy. I used to have some great dark olive, very nice chinos ... but I ripped them across the leg when I was at a job site. I was sorely annoyed. I also had some nice heather gray flannel pants that I loved ... but alas ... they are no longer fashionable at all (pleats).

I'll break out the white in a couple of weeks when I go down to Spring Training in Arizona. Then if we keep having mild weather, I'll just incorporate into my weekly fashion line up. I'm a bit weird ... I plan my wardrobe in two week increments and have everything all lined up, ready to go.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@Robin1869

Yes, I wear white pants. I love a sharp white pair to come jeans in the summer! And I also like white (a softer white) beach pants. 

I do think about what I’m going to be doing and how likely they are to get dirty before wearing them but I don’t play in dirt that often and I haven’t had a problem with them getting visibly dirty and being stuck in them for hours. 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@Robin1869,

Love white pants in every season, in Europe we do not have the Labor Day constraint🌻

@CHIP62

We don’t have that rule in the US anymore either. I don’t think anyone anywhere has that rule. But some ladies still follow it.