Respected Contributor

Re: Do you wear sweater cardigans in March, April and May? Re Issac TSV

@Mindy D wrote:

I can't wear sweaters in March through May here in South Florida. Issac is doing a sweater cardi (3/4 sleeve) and sweater tank for today's TSV. I just want to know where people wear this at this time of year. 

South Floridian here, too.  But I do wear a light sweater inside with the cold A/C blowing.  Besides work offices, I need them for restaurants, movies & sometimes even the cold food aisle in Publix where they keep the cold/frozen items that aren't enclosed in the glass doors.  Brrrrrr    Woman Very Happy

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

In NYC ..... I have sweaters for four seasons.  Different weight / fiber yarns for different temperatures.  

I think he did 3/4 sleeves because the sweater is so short.  I think it would look odd with long sleeves on a short sweater.  

I only wear long sleeve sweaters .... what's the point of wearing a sweater that doesn't cover your entire arm ... unless it's "just for show."

------------------------------

@Mindy D wrote:

I can't wear sweaters in March through May here in South Florida. Issac is doing a sweater cardi (3/4 sleeve) and sweater tank for today's TSV. I just want to know where people wear this at this time of year. 

Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

I have Isaac's Pima open cardigans and they are perfect for out Florida mornings this time of year.

@Zhills @I wear his cardigans too, but not is they are a sweater cardigan. 

Honored Contributor

I wear my cardigans all year long. I own long sleeve and 3/4 sleeve cardigans in solids and prints. I also own one short sleeve printed cardigan. I like to button up my cardigans and wear them as tops, in addition to layering them over other pieces. Just depends on my mood, outfit, and the weather. 

Esteemed Contributor

The tsv appears to be a very thin sweater knit and I could wear that weight all spring and summer. I love some of the colors, but I am not enamored with the scalloped detailing for myself. I don't mind the 3/4 sleeves on light weight sweaters, but do prefer long sleeves on toppers, coats, jackets.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Haven't read the replies but I've been to the beach in summer and it can be chilly in the evenings so a cardigan would be good to have on hand.

Honored Contributor

Isaac's sweater is a very light weight cardigan. Anyone, anywhere could wear it.. Even on the hottest 100 degree day because it is not 100 degrees in stores, restaurants, offices or in cars when the ac is blasting.  I live in MA. It wouldn't work for March. March is winter. April can be rainy and cool, even cold so that's out.  It woukd work for May through September.    

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:
Yes I do. I wear cardigan sweaters frequently, except for the hottest months here in Illinois.  
I am in the minority I guess as I love 3/4 length sleeves. They are perfect for me except for the hottest months.
I would buy this cardigan in a heartbeat but the colors are not for me. I already have a few navy and black and do not care for the other colors offered.
I love 3/4 sleeves too. I llike the cardigan and the matching tank but I don't like the colors so it's a NO for me.

Honored Contributor

I wear cardi's over a cotton tunic only in April.  Here, March is too cold.

Honored Contributor

Depends.  Goes from 60's to 20's a lot of the year, then from 111 to 92 part of the year.  It's one or the other.