Honored Contributor

Re: Do you wear shorts out in public?

Yes, but they are longer.

Honored Contributor

I think that shorts with the 9 to 11 inch inseam are most flattering on women over 28.

Super Contributor

I wish I could, but I am terribly self-conscious of the spider veins on my legs. I have large clusters of them all around my knees. Wearing shorts would only showcase them.

Super Contributor

Yes I do.

I have some nice city shorts that I wear with higher wedges when I want to dress up a little. I have some more casual ones and some shorter ones for out running around. Most people here wear them. It can reach 115 degrees here. All my full length pants are stored away until next Fall.

Trusted Contributor

I wear shorts all summer long and go out in them if its casual. I like them mid thigh, because I am short like 5' tall and longer shorts just don't look right on me. I love Capri pants and wear them all the time.

Esteemed Contributor

It is pretty hot where I live (southern Arizona), but I don't wear shorts very much outside the house. I am slim and exercise quite a bit, but my legs have lots of varicose veins. I do wear shorts to the gym, and around the house in the summer. And, the mid thigh works for me better than the bermuda short type which seem to emphasize my knees. I'm 67, but it is more how I look than my age that influences my choice on shorts. When I go out to the grocery store or to do volunteer work, etc., I usually wear capris, pedal pushers, knee length skirts and dresses. Congratulations to those of you who still look good in shorts.

Honored Contributor

Yes but not short shorts.

Honored Contributor

Yes. I looked around at other women......and decided my legs were no worse than theirs (!) for the most part, anyway.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

I prefer wearing skirts, maxis or sundresses when the weather is hot. I don't care for long Bermuda length shorts. The shorter length I don't wear out shopping, etc. I wear sporty knit shorts to the beach...I'm not far from the water and swim a lot so the pull-on type work.

Esteemed Contributor

Funny thing is that after turning 40 for many years I would not wear shorts (and I was slim, so it wasn't about weight). A few years ago on a whim I tried on a pair of shorts in a store and mirror mirror on the wall said to buy those shorts and rock 'em. I have been back in shorts since that day.