Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you wear shorts out in public?

Yes, I wear shorts out in public. I wear bathing suits out in public too.

I'm not model-thin, but I look fine. I just can't be concerned with what other people think of my legs or whatever. If anyone wants to judge me, they can go right ahead. Meanwhile, I'm cool & comfortable, and having a good time. Kiss

Respected Contributor

i noticed a woman this weekend with a really (I thought) nice outfit. City shorts that were military fatigue green print worn with a pair of metallic pewter strappy high heel sandals. To top it off a white peasant blouse, very sheer with a white tank beneath.

Really inspired me to dig out my dressier shorts! seems the city short style is trending.

Honored Contributor

When it is summer and hot, these legs will be wearing shorts.

Honored Contributor

No, I'm a capri girl. I'm just "cool" in stores and I prefer more coverage. I do think city shorts look great on other people. If I could wear them without the seat of a resturant booth freezing the back of my legs, I might. We have a lot of golfers here that wear them everywhere. Their skin is like leather and it isn't becoming.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't even wear shorts at home. Way too scary to walk past a mirror

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor

I don't because I don't have good legs, but I would if I did.
Trusted Contributor

No, at nearly 56 I'm no longer comfortable wearing shorts in public. I wear skimmers or skirts with a nice top or pretty dresses.

Contributor

I haven't worn shorts for many years, but I'm older than most of you here. I think my legs look ok, except for the veins around my ankles. When my mother was in her early 60's she came to visit and brought shorts (it was summer). Her legs were not good and it embarrassed me in the setting where we lived. I'm sure she was not aware of how bad she looked and it traumatized me. Yesterday we were at a nice restaurant for lunch. In walked two 30ish women and one was in mid-thigh shorts. The shorts on one side were hootching up on one side and she wasn't fit or thin. Not a good look! I will stick with capri or ankle pants and maybe long, flowing skirts.

Esteemed Contributor

I wear ""city shorts"" like the ones coming later this month from Linea. They hit me just above the knee and look really good with strappy higher heeled sandals or a taller wedge. Great for work on those hot days when you need to look pull together but casual.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

Getting groceries, I might wear below the knee and around here, rarely bermudas, but sometimes just above the knee. And...LOL.. I'm done telling my age.