Super Contributor

Re: Do you wear shorts out in public?

No. I don't think I've worn shorts in the last 40 years.

Honored Contributor

I have some cutoffs (old D&C denim capris) that I do wear when I go on vacation to California to visit my son and his family. They are just at the top of my knee, very modest and comfy. I also wear them at home if it's very warm. Sure, my legs are white but I honestly don't care!

Respected Contributor

No. Not now at least. I did back in the early 1970's. Actually had a pair of turquoise hot pants that I wore with white stretch knee high boots. Wish I had a photo. Funny to remember things like that.

Respected Contributor

Yes, and everyone I know wears shorts
Super Contributor

Absolutely yes. It's too hot and humid in Florida not to wear shorts.

For three months day temps are 90-100 and nights are in the 80s, yes, lows in the 80's -- with 80-100% humidity. I live in shorts in the summer.

Honored Contributor

I wear shorts all the time. If the children have nightmares, well that's just too bad.

Respected Contributor

I will be 65 next month, live in a very hot part of California, and I still wear shorts. I mostly wear bermuda length but some are one or two inches shorter than bermudas. I work out and have thin legs and thighs so I think I look OK.
Regular Contributor

I do not wear shorts. Usually wear ankle pants. Occasionally cropped pants. I am middle aged. I have never had good legs. Now they are just .. well BAD. Makes me sad, but fortunately I live in cooler climate. Enjoy your shorts, ladies and have a fun summer!
Honored Contributor

I like to wear shorts in public, but it depends on what I'm doing and who will be there. About two years ago, I ended up with a large scar above my ankle. I am comfortable with it, but I don't want to make others uncomfortable or talk about it all day. In those situations, I wear crop pants. I have some with a wider leg and they make it less obvious.

Respected Contributor

Unless a woman is wearing a Bermuda type short, I don't think shorts are particularly appropriate to wear when out. Obviously, if at the shore or in the mountains, etc., or participating in sports, then shorter shorts are fine.