Respected Contributor

Re: Do you wear shorts out in public?

No. I do not own a pair of shorts. I have never enjoyed wearing shorts. I buy them for my family and have no problem with others wearing shorts, but I do not like them on me.

Respected Contributor

On 5/12/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

I live in Austin, Texas, and people here wear shorts year 'round. I've even seen people in shorts when it was 54 degrees outside. I like walking length and prefer non-denim cotton.

My son will wear shorts when it's cold. He loves them.

Super Contributor

No Way! I am too much of a perfectionist and in my 50's and can't exercise due to back problems to keep my legs toned so there is no way in he ll that I would ever wear shorts.

Trusted Contributor

Capris or full-length pants only. I'm uncomfortable in shorts for many reasons Smiley Wink I also don't wear dresses or skirts but bought a maxi dress to try this summer! I'm sure it will be a lot cooler while still covering most of my legs.

KJPA
Esteemed Contributor

not only do I NOT wear shorts out of the house....I don't wear shorts inside my house....

I will wear capris....

Super Contributor

Yes, I wear knee length shorts or capris. I'm almost 59. I live in the south and it gets too hot for long pants.

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Trusted Contributor

I am 60 and wear bermuda shorts all summer. I really don't like capris or crops at all on me. I wear pedal pushers or a long (not maxi) skirt when I have to wear something other than shorts.

Super Contributor

Not with my legs!

I haven't worn shorts in years; I stick to capris and pedal pushers.

Respected Contributor

No, but then I don't own one pair of shorts. I never have liked them.
Respected Contributor

I guess I'm the real Senior Citizen here, and YES, I do wear shorts out in public. Here in SE Louisiana it is so warm you could literally roast if you didn't wear shorts and tees in the summer.

I have some spider veins, so I do prefer shorts that come just to the top of my knees, and they're relatively easy to find. I purchased some nice ones at Belk last week, and with their sale prices I got them for less than $8.00 per pair.

I'll soon be 80, and I know I'm a little old for shorts, but my legs are still pretty good and I see no reason to suffer in the heat when I can be cooler. As long as I don't frighten any small children, I'm happy.