Honored Contributor

I have lumps and bumps and cellulite and a belly pooch. No matter how much weight I lose. I also have a compassionate and empathetic heart and a kind spirit. Must be something else to be perfect in every way and spread negativity wherever you GO on these FORUMS...

Yes I wear shapewear sometimes, helps me feel more confident in how I look in certain garments. In the winter I love shaping tights, already miss being able to wear them..

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo lots of before and after if you google, but I found a fun "after" and "after" by tina fey, saying farewell to letterman.  you can see the fit on the thighs

https://www.etonline.com/tv/164164_tina_fey_strips_down_to_spanx_for_david_letterman

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

Lol that was great! And she did look amazing in that dress

Honored Contributor

I remember that. I love Tina Fey and I think she's beautiful too.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I have lumps and bumps and cellulite and a belly pooch. No matter how much weight I lose. I also have a compassionate and empathetic heart and a kind spirit. Must be something else to be perfect in every way and spread negativity wherever you GO on these FORUMS...

Yes I wear shapewear sometimes, helps me feel more confident in how I look in certain garments. In the winter I love shaping tights, already miss being able to wear them..

@Greeneyedlady21, if you are talking about the comment in Post 10, I believe that is a retread poster who has been on the boards with about 100 different names, gets banned but keeps coming back.  

I'm convinced she purposely posts the most rude and ridiculous comments to get a rise out of people.   

Respected Contributor

I rarely wear them, but when I do it's usually for a special event when I'm wearing a fitted sheath type dress just to smooth things out. You have to get the proper size, or you end up compressing too much and squeezing skin and fat into other places.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21, if you are talking about the comment in Post 10, I believe that is a retread poster who has been on the boards with about 100 different names, gets banned but keeps coming back.  

I'm convinced she purposely posts the most rude and ridiculous comments to get a rise out of people.   

Correct.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Correct.

@Lipstickdiva  @Mj12  @Greeneyedlady21 

I've decided she/he is actually a 12 year old giggling in their bedroom while Mom is oblivious to what she/he's doing online...If we continue to ignore it it will eventually get bored and go away...

Trusted Contributor

I wear spanx under a large percentage of my summer dresses.  I am PLUS size (18/20) and for ME......now this is just ME......

Spanx don't make me look much smaller but they do HELP, it makes me look FIRM, not so much shaky shaky of the hips and behind.  I wear the spanx cami and the spanx thigh shorts item and it makes a WORLD of difference.  

I have some dresses that I won't wear without spanx, then I have some dresses where "I" can make it without it.

As another poster said, when I have on pants or crops with a tunic I don't wear spanx.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Trusted Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

I wear a light compression tank, in the correct size, almost everyday. This is more about modesty than slimming. But when wearing knits or close fitting skirts or dresses, I wear a slip. Horrors to some, but it keeps my clothes hanging away from my body and reduces the appearance of any of that back fat nonsense. 

I do not wear compression shape wear when wearing pants. For my knit pants I do wear pant liners for those pants that are unlined.

Ms. KATE

I also SWEAR by SLIPS.  It makes a difference, there is a layer between your undergarments and skirts.  I also find some of these materials are so thin, a slip, spanx are required for modesty.

I agree the clothes does hang better.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!