Honored Contributor

If I wear a dress I'll put on shapewear, other wise no. I really don't think shapewear is comfortable and at this stage of the game, comfort is everything to me.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you wear shapewear?

[ Edited ]

@manhattan1950 wrote:

NO. I don't have lumps and bumps or SADDLEBAG thighs.

You seem nice.

Shape wear isn't only about  size, etc. IMO, with the heavy use of lycra spandex, modal, etc,  clothes are more clingy. Hey.. whatever makes some one feel confident, go for it. Most of us color our hair or wear make up. Shape wear is just another tool in the arsenal some ladies like to use.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

Did you ever wonder what is happening internally to the organs that are being compresses for hours ?

I don’t think it is very healthy!!!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

No I do not. 

Honored Contributor
Only when I wear a dress, which is almost never.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Sometimes I'll wear something on the bottom to eliminate panty lines.  No thongs for me.  For the top, mostly the only reason is for an extra layer for warmth.  I recently discovered a brand called Bra30 I'm really liking for the extra warmth layer.  It fits close to the body but is not as constricting as Spanx.  

As far as internal organs go, Spanx is nowhere near constricting enough to damage them.  

Honored Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

Did you ever wonder what is happening internally to the organs that are being compresses for hours ?

I don’t think it is very healthy!!!!

LOL  You don't know what we're talking about, do you?  We are not talking about whale bone corsets...LOL   We aren't even talking about about rubber girdles from the 1940's...LOL   Have no fear, you liver and your kidneys are in danger from a pair of shape wear pantie...LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I used to wear spanx a lot with dresses, skirted suits.  the reason is that regular pantyhose creates a muffin top and spanx does not. And there are no panty lines,  if you saw the initial presentations in the Q, this was Sara Blakely's pitch, and it was true!  The product delivers!  in the summer, with no pantihose, it helps avoid chafing in the inner thigh. As a hippy person with a smaller waist, it was torture getting it on and off, to stretch it to go over the hips.  going to the bathroom was torture.  the garment has a double gusset, but i wouldn't use it.  i would go up one or 2 sizes to make it easier to take it on and off and hurt less.  because sometimes my sides would be in pain after i took it off.  i don't wear as many dresses anymore and never wore with pants. no more spanx for me. 

Respected Contributor

For work, yes.  I likethings smooth, and it's actually comfortable.  I prefer the TC brand

Esteemed Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

...This is more about modesty than slimming. But when wearing knits or close fitting skirts or dresses, I wear a slip. Horrors to some, but it keeps my clothes hanging away from my body and reduces the appearance of any of that back fat nonsense. 

@kate2357 I wear slips with dresses too!  There are 2 of us!  They used to be so hard to find, but now we have Amazon. I used to pay about $80 at a specialty store, now it's like $15...