Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you wear red on February 14th?

Thanks @magicmoodz we can post in shoes the next time.  What are you looking for?  I think I am set for now.  And ps, I am pretty sure Minnesota is colder than NYC, with more snow.  Buy NYers from Buffalo, thy do get the cold and lake effects snow.  NY State is pretty big!

Respected Contributor

No.  I don't own anything red.  I look horrible in that color.

Trusted Contributor

I wear red every chance I get. It's my favorite color!

Esteemed Contributor

ExRe: Do you wear red on February 14th?

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

Thanks @magicmoodz we can post in shoes the next time.  What are you looking for?  I think I am set for now.  And ps, I am pretty sure Minnesota is colder than NYC, with more snow.  Buy NYers from Buffalo, thy do get the cold and lake effects snow.  NY State is pretty big!

@NYCLatinaMe 

Yes, New York is a big state. I had family living in Buffalo so know about their snow! It's almost as if you have to experience our swings in temperature to understand what I am saying. I can go out on my balcony when it is 40° to see what kind of outerwear I need. If precipitation in the air is high it can feel bone chilling. And conversely, if it is -20° with low humidity it is much more comfortable to me. 

Here are some excerpts from my Nextdoor with regard to NYC transplants. (Names removed to protect the innocent. Haha!)

1. One thing I really love about being back in Minnesota: while my co-workers in other parts of the country are complaining about the cold (25 above zero), numerous strangers yesterday struck up joyous conversations about our good spring weather this week (current temp was 10 above zero). It DOES feel really nice! Today I’m going to be in just 2 layers!!! I ❤️ Minnesota

2. Must add however.... i lived in Connecticut and New York City...very different damp cold... even 20 or so degrees warmer there feels colder. I’d much rather have winter here! It’s cold but doesn’t get into your bones like it does there.

3. That’s very true. I’m just saying I love the joy people have here when it inches up above zero. I love my MN peeps!

4. Absolutely. I grew up in NYC, and when I moved here I realized that -15° here was actually more comfortable than 35° in damp weather. That's bone-chilling, where here it's just darned cold.

5. Amen! Having grown up lived on Long Island, NY, I appreciate the drier warm and cold weather here.

All that being said, if you ever plan a trip to Minneapolis, come during the summer when there is so much more to do!

Regular Contributor

Maybe an accent piece, jewelry or top with some red in.

Honored Contributor

Wearing a red Coldwater Creek sweater today.

I have a little red and a lot of pink in my wardrobe. Looks good on me.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know if it is cliche to wear red on valentine's Day or not.

I do own a few red jackets in the shade that suits me. Wear  year around.

However, I will wear pastel light pink including shoes out to dinner - no red. Feminine.

Honored Contributor

I am wearing a red blouse and some heart jewelry

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Sometimes I do but not today.

Happy Valentines. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm 

Hi Lucky ~ I want to apologize for hijacking your thread. I feel responsible for the turn it took and for that I am sorry.

Are you wearing red today?  If so or not, wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day!❤️