Respected Contributor

I prefer a wrap as I can put it on and take it off without worrying about my hair.

Trusted Contributor

I am like a couple other people above!  I bought one a while back thinking I would wear it but I never have!  I see them on other women and think they look good but for some reason I feel I am just not the type when I put it on and look in the mirror!  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@Trudey

If you think it's cute, wear it.

I wear them (casual wear) along with ruanas and big scarves (which I wear like a poncho), but I do have the problem (minor, for me) with my shoulder bag.  

YMMV, but for me I think they can look outdated...I don't like them big/huge/voluminous, I don't like "kooky krazy" colors/patterns/prints, and I don't wear fringe, for example.   I actually wear them more in the winter (ruanas).

Here are the two I wore this summer...first one is a poncho from JJill and the second is a linen big scarf from Eileen Fisher...both very cool and comfy...

20170518_175940.jpeg

20170609_175338-1.jpeg

@MacDUFF,Beautiful!!!

Respected Contributor

No. I would look and feel foolish.

Honored Contributor

Ponchos were never in. I really have never seen a woman even wear a poncho. Quite ridulous looking if you ask me. 

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@Trudey

If you think it's cute, wear it.

I wear them (casual wear) along with ruanas and big scarves (which I wear like a poncho), but I do have the problem (minor, for me) with my shoulder bag.  

YMMV, but for me I think they can look outdated...I don't like them big/huge/voluminous, I don't like "kooky krazy" colors/patterns/prints, and I don't wear fringe, for example.   I actually wear them more in the winter (ruanas).

Here are the two I wore this summer...first one is a poncho from JJill and the second is a linen big scarf from Eileen Fisher...both very cool and comfy...

20170518_175940.jpeg

20170609_175338-1.jpeg

You look so great, love both on you!! It looks like they are light and airy and you appear to be on the taller side so that helps pull the look off. Very cute !!!

⚓️
Esteemed Contributor

In the summer I like lightweight chiffon or georgette ponchos or caftans layered over a long tank top. I know I do not have to put a coat over it either. But in the fall, winter, and spring I don't wear a poncho. I have a gray polar fleece poncho that I keep in the car as a blanket but don't wear it unless I have to. I find poncho outerwear does not play well with shoulder handbags and I'm always fussing with them.

Super Contributor

Absolutely, love them.

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Ponchos were never in. I really have never seen a woman even wear a poncho. Quite ridulous looking if you ask me. 

@ID2

Maybe they've never been in where you live but we live part time in NYC.  In cooler weather I see them often on stylish ladies

If you see me looking ridiculous in a poncho, when you laugh aloud I'll know it's you.

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

@ID2

Maybe they've never been in where you live but we live part time in NYC.  In cooler weather I see them often on stylish ladies

If you see me looking ridiculous in a poncho, when you laugh aloud I'll know it's you.

@lulu2.  I also see ponchos quite often and have a few. 

Pay the mean poster no mind. I believe she has stated she lives in the backwoods of Michigan.