Honored Contributor

Re: Do you wear matching undergarments?

@Andreatoo wrote:

If television and film is any indication 95% of women do! I know I don't except by accident! LOL just wondering how realistic the depiction is

Nope, however I have a friend who  only wears sets.  The idea is nice.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo 

Back in the day, VS was really a classy company.  I couldn't wait to get their catalogs. They had really great fashion items and lingerie and their undergarments were lovely and well made.  The stores were gorgeous and the sales people were dressed well and classy also.  I loved the original VS fragrance and wore it for a long time --- I loved it-- and the bottle looked so lovely on my dresser!  I have gone into the store a few times and most of the stuff is so generic looking, and nothing special about it at all.  Another era gone by, I guess! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo 

I keep trying to reply to your post but I keep getting thrown out!

Yes, I agree.  VS used to be such a classy store and they had wonderful products.  I couldn't wait to get a new catalog --- I loved the fashions, lingerie and undergarments.  The stores were such a wonderful experience - you felt special when you went there.  Clerks were dressed beautifully and merchandise was gorgeous.  I have gone a couple times in recent years but everthing was so generic looking.  Nothing special about anything.  I used to purchase the original VS fragrance and it was amazing!  Another era gone by, I guess! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

What a nice thought to have matching pretty sets.

I don't know why I never have.

Maybe because Victoria's Secret or that Hollywood magazine store what was it called? were places I never thought of buying from cause of money or something comfortable that actually fit well.I never even thought of the possibility of having some.

I used to go to Victoria's Secret with my daughter who loved everything there. I also thought their small selection of clothes were really nice.

She loved VS perfume-Angel?

Anyway, if someone delivered some pretty matching sets to me I wouldn't mind.

I guess I was too busy with babies and taking care of the house and everything else aside from matching sets.

Maybe if I ever go actual clothes shopping again sans virus, I'll get a matching pretty set, my first!   

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Nope, fancy or matching bra and panties never interested me in the least.  I could care less.  I have always resented spending money on those items anyway.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Remember what your mother said, "What if you're in an accident!"

Esteemed Contributor

No.  Underwear is all white and Bras are various colors.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

No

Honored Contributor

@Judaline 

My mom only stressed my drawers be clean. Nothing about them matching my bra! lol

@AngelPuppy1 

the clothing in their catalog saved me last minute on more than one occassion when I needed something to wear to a wedding! I still own a few of their silk dresses!

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Judaline 

My mom only stressed my drawers be clean. Nothing about them matching my bra! lol

I think my mom was worried I'd wear something with holes in it. I remember seeing my grandmother dusting with my old undies, with certain parts cut out, hahaha. The things one remembers!