Honored Contributor

Re: Do you wear long vests, toppers or dusters?

I have a very attractive one I bought from a boutique in a nearby town. I got it several years ago and every time I've worn it , I get compliments. I'm a bit sad now though, I've lost quite a bit of weight and this duster is humongous on me now. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I don't own or wear any duster length items. The longest thing I own is a finger tip length cardigan. I prefer a more classic tailored length and style. Most dusters are a bit too flowy and drapey for me. I've seen a few duster length cardigans that I've debated buying, but I've yet to purchase one. I think some women can pull off the look and look great in them. 

Esteemed Contributor

@luvmyteddy4I doubt that I would wear one of these.  Many, many brands overlook petite (short women).  I am shorter than 5'4 which is the standard they give to petite sizing for length.  I have come to learn that some times, depending on who the manufacturer is the same size in a petite can still be smaller than the regular size as it can be cut proportionately for a petite.

I run into this dilemma all the time.  It will say petite (for length) but not fit that way and fit a litte more snug.  Now, I will refer to items I need as SHORT.

No, I'm not wearing a duster that would drag the floor on me.  Took me years to get a nice maxi dress and I still had to have it altered as it was only 51 inches in length. 

I don't need anyone to tell me what looks good on me either.  I know what those things are because I've been working at it for years now.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

No, I don't wear anything like this. As a few others have mentioned, a short person like me would have this piece down to my ankles. And I can't imagine getting into a car with it on. All in all, something like this just doesn't fit my stature or my lifestyle, so I'd pass.

@jannabelle1I am 5'0.  Yes it would drag the ground on me.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

yes, I do.  I like that it covers and hides my figure flaws... 

Honored Contributor

Many of you ladies are 'short' changing yourselves (pun intended) unless of course you just don't like certain pieces then that's a different story.

If you feel you look overwhelmed then try one that's fitted; accentuates your waist, one with structure. Not all dusters/vests/toppers are created equally.....