Honored Contributor

Re: Do you wear long vests, toppers or dusters?

[ Edited ]

Yes and I'm short! Call the fashion police stat!

D5303246-8317-4EC5-9AFF-34A0190B23D5.jpegBB4043C9-3221-4B68-895C-D6A162816CB6.jpegEDF642BB-8D94-4BF3-95E3-5C31D5CFA53A.jpegF0277CFE-C842-40B7-8F32-F49F7E697BB5.jpegI prefer mine with closures. More versatile that way

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Way too much material to get in the way of doing things!  

@Pook 

Agree.  All things in "proportion".Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No. Not a chance. Don't care for them at all. The longest tops that I own are a couple of open front cashmere cardigans that are roughly bottom-of-the-butt length. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

They're unnecessary pieces of clothing.  Take up room and you really don't need to wear them, especially in the summer.  I don't own any of them. They're basically schmattas that drag on the ground. Silly looking too.

Unnecessary schmattas like the boatload of jeans that you report purchasing?  You must be 4' or under if the duster is dragging on the ground. That would be silly looking. It's good to know how to shop for your lifestyle and body type -- maybe you need a stylist to assist you? 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

City's Stylist?  I don't understand this. I just don't.  

As for toppers, no, not for me personally.  ETA - I do have a few BD long cardis for the Fall and Winter months - and I'm short.  Love them.  Not sure if those count.

Honored Contributor

I like them and yes I wear them and I think they look good on everyone.

Outdated?  According to who?  A stylist?  What a joke.

I dont let a "professional" anything tell me what to wear or what not to wear.  I wear what I like.

Not necessary or a rag?  Very opinionated.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

I'm short and short people got no reason to wear 'em.

@Nonametoday 

Totally disagree with you!!!!

I am 5'3" and I wear them all the time.  The longer dusters and cardigans make me look taller and leaner.

This short person Does have plenty of reasons to wear 'em.

Honored Contributor

I own one duster that I do wear but very infrequently.  Any other vests or toppers, cardigans, etc. are all shorter.  I just don't think dusters look good on my frame.  I love them on other people, but not on me.      

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo You are rockin it girl.  I have two of the ones you are wearing.  I am only 5'3 and I think make me look taller and very chic.  Like I said I love these to accent my outfits, kind of like scarves.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pecky wrote:

@Andreatoo You are rockin it girl.  I have two of the ones you are wearing.  I am only 5'3 and I think make me look taller and very chic.  Like I said I love these to accent my outfits, kind of like scarves.

@Pecky 

Which 2? The Indigo Threads? The only one that isn't evine is the green: It's Marla Wynne.

I believe if your legs extend past the length of the topper it gives an illusion of height.