Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you wear long vests, toppers or dusters?

No, I don't wear anything like this. As a few others have mentioned, a short person like me would have this piece down to my ankles. And I can't imagine getting into a car with it on. All in all, something like this just doesn't fit my stature or my lifestyle, so I'd pass.

Super Contributor

I don't have anything quite that long, but I do have several cardigans that are just below knee-length. I love them! I don't have any long vests, but I like them and would wear them if I did. 

Super Contributor

No, and I hate this layering of clothing unless it's a sweater, jacket or coat to keep warm.

Respected Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 I would wear that duster in a heartbeat if it were a little shorter. I have a cute G by Giuliana collared vest that’s around 38 inches while this is 47.  Vests, toppers and dusters, oh my 😁. I love them.

Honored Contributor

Yes - I have quite a few vests and dusters that I bought and a bunch that I crocheted or knitted.. I don't need a special occasion - I'll wear them to the supermarket or the hardware store!

Quite a few chiffon vests from SG and LOGO that I've collected over the years.  A couple from Attitudes.  

One really fantastic duster I bought from Soft Surroundings - sheer silk with a Paris street scene.  

They jazz up plain tops and pants when it's too warm for a jacket and you just need that extra colorful piece.

Honored Contributor

I don't concern myself with what others wear. It all depends on styling and proportions. Shorter people can wear long vests and dusters.

And what the WSJ article is referring to is old fashioned looking no button cardigans and toppers. Most of D&C styles are very dated lookiing like something Maude would wear.

Giuliana's fashions are contemporary. I love that long vest and her dusters and her joggers, dresses etc

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nope, nuh-uh, and no. I am short and long stuff looks ridiculous on my build...

Honored Contributor

not the vest styles, but i love and wear toppers, dusters, kimonos, wraps, etc......love them, especially for the long over lean look. they are my fashion weakness.....i cannot stop purchasing them.

i especially like wearing all one color underneath, with splashes of modern designs on top.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Way too much material to get in the way of doing things!  

Honored Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

@luvmyteddy4 I would wear that duster in a heartbeat if it were a little shorter. I have a cute G by Giuliana collared vest that’s around 38 inches while this is 47.  Vests, toppers and dusters, oh my 😁. I love them.

@tucsongal - I love 3rd pieces that finish an outfit.

For the G vest that is in discussion I would wear it with jeans for a casual look or over a column of color tank/top and pants, leggings or joggers (dark green, cream or black) I have one from last season that has a sheer artsy camo print in cream,black, terracotta tones. They are specialty pieces not something for everyday.

She also has some shorter length vests like this one

G by Giuliana Vest-Front Belted Cardigan
692-572
G by Giuliana Vest-Front Belted Cardigan

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri