Respected Contributor

Re: Do you wear jogger style pants?

Except during the very hottest days, I wear joggers around the home all the time. I don't care for the ones with elastic at the bottom; I would rather have the trimmed cuff. The ankle length joggers are less baggy on me, and I feel they are nice enough to wear running errands.

Trusted Contributor

I'm still trying to find a pair whose ankle is not too tight, and one whose seams do not rub and irritate. PRINCESS AND THE PEA am I! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

I don't wear joggers nor sweat pants either.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a pair on right now Smiley Very Happy I teleworked 8 hours in them, took my dog for a walk during my lunch break, then wore them out to do my grocery shopping.  I love them -- these are the ones on QVC by AnyBody.  The fabric is so soft, light, and flowy.  I have three pairs. 

I have two dressier (simply by comparison) pairs that are Tencel fabric and flow beautifully.  I wore one pair to my mother's socially distanced birthday lunch last month, with a pair of mid-heel sandals.  I got lots of compliments. A cousin was wearing a similar pair in a different fabric.

I do not like the Denim & Co. joggers.  They look too much like slim sweatpants of the old days.  

Esteemed Contributor

I rarely, if ever, see anybody in them.  I don't know that it makes a difference but I live in a small rural community and the next (much larger) city over is where I do most of my shopping.  I, personally, don't care for them (the look) as I prefer sweat pan style w/out being banded at the ankles.   

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I don't own any jogger pants (or sweat pants), as they're not flattering for me. I particularly don't care for the look of trying to dress them up by wearing stiletto heels with them. LR does this when she's promoting a TSV.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nope, dont wear them-----I'm a jeans girl....and thats what I see here in South Texas---jeans, shorts, capris---no joggers seen around these parts.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I love joggers and wear them frequently for leisure. I'm in the St. Louis area and for leisure wear around here, it's jeans, leggings and joggers. None of mine have tight elastic around the ankle and none of them are tight-fitting through the leg - they're just very comfortable for relaxing at home or running errands to the grocery store, etc.

Those who don't like them....that's fine - wear what you like. It's like the leggings discussion - you either love them or you don't. I'm just glad we all have choices!

Esteemed Contributor

I have 5 pair of jogger-style pants - 3 with the elastic at the bottom and 2 straight-leg -- which I only wear for sleeping. Super comfy.

Esteemed Contributor

No.  My personal opinion is that they don't look good on anyone, no matter their size or shape.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!