Honored Contributor

Re: Do you wear hats?

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

I wear hats often--especially when I'm not working.  I love hats.  I own many fedoras, and I like cloche hats too. 

I actually, during the winter in Indiana, even wear hats like the TSV hat yesterday though I didn't purchase.  I own a few of those.  

I own Fedoras from Target, J. Crew and Banana Republic--also HSN twiggy ones!  

I have this and love it.  I also have a summer version:

Screen Shot 2015-10-04 at Sun, Oct 4, 2015-3.19.16 PM.png

I have one similar to this from J. Crew but it was only like $50:

Screen Shot 2015-10-04 at Sun, Oct 4, 2015-3.20.04 PM.png

Fixed it for ya! Smiley Tongue

Smiley Happy

Thanks!  I don't know how to "do" that!!  Smiley Happy

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

No hats for me-- too severe-looking, and l don't like hat-hair. I wear earmuffs, or if it gets intolerable out there, a hood.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

.no

Respected Contributor

I don't wear hats because I don't like how they flatten my hair. I've found that the earmuffs that wrap around behind the head work well because the only part of my head that gets cold is my ears anyway. I used to also wear cowboy hats, when my hair was long, but now that my hair is super short, I just don't like the way they look on me anymore. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I've always worn knit hats, although the past year hasn't been very cold, so far.  Anyway, I like the look as long as the knit hat isn't pointed at the top.  As long as it's rounded.  Love berets, too. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wear hats when it’s cold, although I don’t look very good in them. I walk outdoors every day so I need to stay warm. I have crazy hair so a hat doesn’t make much difference in how it looks.

As a side note – what’s difficult to find is a winter knit hat that covers the ears and includes a visor. Walking outside every day, my eyes need protection from the sun in winter as well as summer. Most of them have small visors that offer very little to no protection. Oh to be a designer for people who walk outdoors every day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I buy hats promising myself I will wear them.  I seldom do as I spend too much time and money on my hair.

It has to be pouring rain, freezing cold, or a beach for me to jeopardize my hairdo.

When it's really cold, I wear those earmuffs that wrap around the back of your neck.

Esteemed Contributor

ladyroxanne wrote:

i don't need winter hats in ca.  i used to wear cowboy hats and still have some.  most of the hats i own now are for sun protection for when i play golf. 

Wearing a hat has nothing to do with where you live or the weather.   A hat is not the worst option for sun protection on the best of sunny days.  I know many women who have hats they specifially own for wearing to their house of worship.  The fact is, most of of us who love hats have a wardrobe of them for all kinds of climates, indoors/outdoors, and as casual or dressy as what we are doing requires.  

Esteemed Contributor

I love hats!  All kinds.  I have some that are more fashion hats like fedora's and cloches and then I have my fleece hats that are strictly for keeping my head warm and in the summer, I have baseball hats and some with wide brims to keep the sun off of my head and face.

I understand that some people don't like hats but on a cold day I reach for one to go along with the coat and gloves.

Esteemed Contributor

@cotton4me try hats in the belfry or villagehats.com  they might have something that would work for you.  I have a couple of knit/wool hats that have a small brim on them.

Also Sahalie.