Honored Contributor

I hate hats of any kind so I avoid wearing them.  I normally wear a coat with a hood instead if I need a bit of protection.  If it is really frigid and I have to be outside for a while, then I will put on a hat and pull my hood up over that and add a scarf.

Valued Contributor

@cotton4me wrote:

I wear hats when it’s cold, although I don’t look very good in them. I walk outdoors every day so I need to stay warm. I have crazy hair so a hat doesn’t make much difference in how it looks.

As a side note – what’s difficult to find is a winter knit hat that covers the ears and includes a visor. Walking outside every day, my eyes need protection from the sun in winter as well as summer. Most of them have small visors that offer very little to no protection. Oh to be a designer for people who walk outdoors every day.

I always wear sunglasses when I am outside, too.  Actually I wear glasses all the time, so I wear the fit-over sunglasses whenever I am out, and they tend to be kind of bulky.  Trying to combine the sunglasses with a hat, headband, or earmuffs can be problematic.  Most of them don't play well with others. Smiley Sad

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."