Honored Contributor

Re: Do you wear bleached denim all year?

I like bleached denim jeans with black boots and a black blazer in fall and winter.

Trusted Contributor

I don't like bleached denim.  To me, it looks very dated.  As if the person wearing the item has had it for 15 years.  Just looks old.  Not a good look.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Shaunac, There was a time when I rarely wore jeans, but when I did they were chambray or bleached.  Then quite a few years ago now, my younger friend fashionistas told me to ditch the '80s jeans, so I tossed all that weren't medium-to-dark denim, and stopped looking for lighter washes (other than white).  To be honest, for a while jeans got so dark it was tough to find stonewashed, let alone chambray and bleached.  From that perspective I can understand how you view light wash jeans as a dated look.  However, beginning last summer and now into 2017 light washes and bleached denim has returned in a major way.  The leading fashion brands of jeans all feature some light washes in their collections. The point is bleached is no longer dated, but right on trend. What looks dated this season is black and denim so dark that it looks black.     

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, indeed I do wear my bleached denim year round.  I like the contrast between a dark sweater/bleached denim jeans/dark ankle boots that match the sweater.  I do it often.  I also have bleached denim jacket that I wear with black jeans and a black turtleneck.  It breaks up the black.

Honored Contributor

I don't own any bleached denim. I prefer darker washes but wore denim bleached in the 70s and acid washed in the 80s. I was looking for a pair of bleach denim crops this year to lighten up the look of a jean in summer, but I never found a pair I liked. Maybe next year. 

Esteemed Contributor

No. I have one pair of bleached denim capri jeans and they only get worn in late spring and summer. They have the look of white jeans but don't show as much dirt. I prefer mid tone or darker jeans year round. I seldom wear black jeans as they are a pet fur magnet and I have 3 light colored pets that all shed a lot!