Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you wear a lot of purple?

I like to wear rich blue-purple and pink-purple in the winter. Pinks up my fair complexion. Light purples wash me out. I prefer to wear purple tops w/ dark blue-gray bottoms and sometimes Dark blue-gray jackets or cardigans. Yellow grays turn me yellow!
Honored Contributor

Jewel tones are staples of my wordrobe. I do have a R Lauren turtleneck in royal purple and one black and purple scarf, more fall weight, definately too sheer for winter. I don't see a lot of deep purple and don't pick up the medium tone.

Respected Contributor

Yes, it's my favorite color and I wear it all the time. Only this year have I fallen in love with black and might actually have more black than purple in my closet - but maybe not!

Super Contributor

Zilch. It would be the last color I would ever wear.

Honored Contributor

Yes- it's a close second to PINK!

Trusted Contributor

Yes, wearing more & more of it (have no pants/skirts in purple, but lots of t's, sweaters, and tunics). Some are dark jeweled tone & some are pastels (an LL Bean v-neck pima cotton t that I love), and I have an older Modern Soul (remember that brand?) shawl collar cardigan that is soft & so cozy in cold weather. I have salt & pepper hair that I wear short & have medium skin tones, so any purple looks good on me.

Honored Contributor

I look best in jewel tones and always have. They work with my coloring. Now that my hair is mostly white they look even better on me. I love purple and have a lot of it in my wardrobe, but try not to do mostly purple, but mix it up a good part of the time.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Purple looks great with grays or blacks. It looks great in the summer with white.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I'm a jewel tone gal, also. I've always loved purple.Smiley Happy have a nice mix of purple shades.
Honored Contributor

No, hardly any. It isn't among my favorites, though I do have a few pieces I think I acquired just to round out my wardrobe. I do have one 'blackberry' cashmere sweater that's actually a pretty shade of dark purple I wear a good bit.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...