Super Contributor

Do you wear a lot of purple?

I don't dislike the color, but I have very little of it in my wardrobe. I don't think it's one of my best colors. That said, I have a year-old purple turtleneck from Talbots that I occasionally wear with a J. Crew tweed skirt in shades of purple/turquoise/hot pink.

I also have a many-years-old cashmere belted cardigan with a shawl collar from Ann Taylor.

How about you? Do you wear a lot of purple?

Super Contributor

Re: Do you wear a lot of purple?

Until the last two years ... none. Now - I have a couple of sweaters, a couple of turtlenecks, several scarves and one really pretty shades of purple shawl that I made - and pair of purple suede ankle boots.

I think it looks better now that my hair is lighter blonde.

Valued Contributor

Yes. I wear mostly shades of purple/fuchsia/reds/blues.

NO green, yellow, beige, or brown for me.

Respected Contributor

Yes! I love purple, & all the jewel tones, now that my hair is salt & pepper with a shock of white at one temple. I bought into all that kwap about black making you look thinner. No, it doesn't; it just makes you look like a sad lady. The brighter colors make me feel happy when I wear them!
Super Contributor

On 12/2/2014 VCamp2748 said: Yes! I love purple, & all the jewel tones, now that my hair is salt & pepper with a shock of white at one temple. I bought into all that kwap about black making you look thinner. No, it doesn't; it just makes you look like a sad lady. The brighter colors make me feel happy when I wear them!

I think that depends on your individual skin tone and hair color. When my hair was light brown ... black wasn't good for me.

Instead of going white/gray - I went blonde and now blonder. I'm very fair w/light green eyes. Black looks good on me. I get more comments when I'm all in black. I think it's the start contrast.

I wear my purple w/black.

Respected Contributor

I have a couple lavender skirts and a pair of pants, nothing in a dark shade. I have a friend who is a fan of purple and wears it most of the time.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/2/2014 VCamp2748 said: Yes! I love purple, & all the jewel tones, now that my hair is salt & pepper with a shock of white at one temple. I bought into all that kwap about black making you look thinner. No, it doesn't; it just makes you look like a sad lady. The brighter colors make me feel happy when I wear them!
I love purple & all bright colors. They make me happy in our long WI winters. I don't like beige, khaki or gray on myself. TOO drab.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/2/2014 StylishLady said:

I have a couple lavender skirts and a pair of pants, nothing in a dark shade. I have a friend who is a fan of purple and wears it most of the time.

I forgot about lavender too. Your clothes always sound so nicely put together.

Honored Contributor

On 12/2/2014 mtnbikegirl said:

Yes. I wear mostly shades of purple/fuchsia/reds/blues.

NO green, yellow, beige, or brown for me.

me too.

Honored Contributor

I wear mostly jewel tones for tops, not for pants or skirts. Jewel tones look good with my salt/pepper hair and with my complexion. These colors did not look good on me before my hair started turning gray, however, and until it did start graying I never wore any shade of purple.

"To each their own, in all things".