Honored Contributor

Re: Do you wear a cami everyday?

I own several. I don't wear them everyday, but I do need them under quite a few tops that I own.

I am busty. Tops that the average women can wear modestly shows some cleavage on me. I often bend over someones desk or have someone bend over my desk at work. I prefer to be modest and not show the girls at work.

Often, i wear them under a top that is not quite long enough when I bend over or sit down or raise my arms. I'd rather you see my cami than my skin.

Edited to add that I wear them under itchy clothing too...like a wool sweater.

Esteemed Contributor

I wear one most everyday. Slight shaping, warmth and modesty...are my reasons for wearing one. I work with all men...I do not need headlights....these guys would be more mortified than I would be. lol
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

No; I don't own a cami. I don't like layering.
Honored Contributor

Way too hot where I live to add anything ""extra""

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

On 3/17/2015 vaccinia said:

I sure don't wear a cami every day, and I think twice before buying anything which requires a cami underneath. I'm not big on extra layers, especially during the summer.

Same here. I own a couple. I wear mine mostly under v-neck dresses for modesty.
Super Contributor

Every single day! beanie

Trusted Contributor

Only wear them in warmer months , under something too thin /revealing to wear alone . I own several in various colors. I really don't wear them often, but I am "prepared." {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Respected Contributor

On 3/17/2015 va603 said:

I wear one many days. I buy several brands. I'm not too crazy about the skinnytees that qvc sells for everyday use. I don't always want another layer poking out from my top. I prefer the light shaping tanks. Not the heavy duty hold-you-in style. I just find that my clothes lay smoother and i just feel more confident with it on. I like one that spanx makes, not sure the name of it, but I've seen them on QVC. It's a very thin, silky material. I missed the tsv that jockey had on the other day.

i agree with va603! i have a drawer full of the ones that jcpenney sells. you can get them on sale for 6.99 or 7.99. they are made by worthington, and i just love how much more 'finished' i feel with one of those on.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/18/2015 fancy pantsy said:
On 3/17/2015 va603 said:

I wear one many days. I buy several brands. I'm not too crazy about the skinnytees that qvc sells for everyday use. I don't always want another layer poking out from my top. I prefer the light shaping tanks. Not the heavy duty hold-you-in style. I just find that my clothes lay smoother and i just feel more confident with it on. I like one that spanx makes, not sure the name of it, but I've seen them on QVC. It's a very thin, silky material. I missed the tsv that jockey had on the other day.

i agree with va603! i have a drawer full of the ones that jcpenney sells. you can get them on sale for 6.99 or 7.99. they are made by worthington, and i just love how much more 'finished' i feel with one of those on.

Those from JCP are the ones I own! Super quality and with the sale prices and coupons - you cannot beat them ! Such pretty colors, too!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Esteemed Contributor

I don't wear a cami everyday, but think they are a necessary item to have in the wardrobe. I wear mine under sheer tops and as a modesty layer for items which may otherwise feel too revealing in certain situations (such as wrap dresses. I prefer the lingerie style (more like the top of a slip) than the t-shirt camis, but I do own plenty of plain t-shirt fabric camis. I wear the cotton one as a top for casual wear in summer. I always have a blazer or cardigan with me (even if it's 100 degrees in the shade), so I have something to cover up if need be. The period which I rarely wear a cami is the cold weather months. They don't do a thing for adding warmth for me because, when I'm chilly I need a long sleeved layer (such as a long sleeved Skinny Tee or a Cuddl Dud thermal wear top), so that my arms have an extra layer too.