Honored Contributor

Do you wear SOX with boots? Sox? Not? Trouser Sox?????

Short or tall boots, what do you wear under them or do you go "nude?"  LOL!!  Just wondering!

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you wear SOX with boots? Sox? Not? Trouser Sox?????

I wear shorter boots and always wear socks with them.  I wear a thinner sock.

Honored Contributor

I like soft, thick socks with boots, and, actually most shoes during the cooler seasons. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

generally nude......

my feet feel too warm and "claustrophobic" if i wear a sock.

if i HAVE to wear something then it would be some type of nylon hose.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I wear socks with pretty much everything unless it's summer.  I wear the thinner socks starting out in the Fall and transitiion to wool socks in the winter.  It gets so cold here that not wearing some kind of sock isn't wise..... Woman Happy  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always wear the thickest, fattest socks I can buy with boots and booties because:

1.  I have small narrow feet and can't find boots narrow enough to fit. Most shoe companies don't even make boots or shoes in my size.   I wear fat socks to plump up my feet and make them bigger inside my boots

2.  My feet are always cold in the winter and I want the insulation

3.  I can't stand the feeling of naked feet inside shoes or boots.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

i am so wierd and picky with socks.  i bring a pair with me when boot shopping.

nothing else makes me so picky. they must be certain gauge or denier of sock with boots.  cannot be too thin, like a trouser sock or knee-high.  they must have a slight nap so my heel does not slip. they cannot be cotton. they cannot be too loose and bunch under the sole.  the cuff must not be too high and not bind my calf yada yada

Esteemed Contributor

I always wear sox .... both trouser sox  or  plush warm sox ..... it depends on the temperature.

Respected Contributor

Actually, it's a very good question.  In Fall and Winter, I always wear my Assets footless pantihose.  When the weather is mild (like today); I don't wear socks.  I like my bare feet in boots because sox and knee hi's tend to bunch up around my toes and then I am miserable all day.  My toes are constricted and my foot hurts.  When it gets very cold outside, I wear long thin trouser socks but snip the to area, too free up my toes.  When it's mind blowing cold outside, I only wear faux-fur lined eskimo worthy boots outside.  I wear tights but I still snip the toe.  Perhaps my toes are overly sensitive or something.  I can't wear anything that constricts them.

Honored Contributor

When i was young and lived up north , before I had a car, I would always wear thick wool socks under boots. Most of the girls i went to school with did as well. We had to ride the trolley to school and it was a very long walk up city steps and through the woods from the trolley station to the school. When we got to school we would change to nylon stockings and inside shoes. So all my life I have thought of boots as outdoor, cold weather wear, even though I know it is fashionable to wear boots with dresses now a days, it never "took" with me. So IMO, if your going to wear boots anyway, you may as well have nice warm feet while your at it and wear tights or warm socks under them.