Trusted Contributor

Do you tweak your wardrobe in March?

Just making dinner here and thought I would post something I was thinking about today. 

Do you tweak your wardrobe for March? What I mean is To me February is the end of winter. Yes, we are going to get some cold temps again and bad weather; however, I usually put away my thick LL Bean Lambswool sweaters in March. I need a bit of a change this time of year. I usually wear layers in March and April because the weather can be anything. I have found that cotton three-quarter length sleeved tops to be the most versatile tops to wear at this time of the year. I can still add a sweater if needed or if its warm add a scarf and some jewelry to jazz it up. 

I don't buy any new items to wear for March, just for summer, so my wardrobe starts to feel flat. Also, some days are too hot for my uggs, but too cool for spring shoes.

Anyway, it is just a weird time of year for me for fashion. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you tweak your wardrobe in March?

I do, I'm wearing my faux leather jacket and my polyester black blazer with my SQ turtlenecks. Warm enough for now, but also can wear with tee shirts next month. I also will break out my lighter weight blue jeans soon.

Respected Contributor

No need where I am. It doesn't get or stay very cold here, so I don't own enough wool or thick sweaters to worry about moving them out and in to my wardrobe. Instead, it's layers all winter because it may be 38 degrees outside, but 75 inside the office, theater, restaurant, or shop. It may be 40 when I leave the house, but 72 when I go for a walk at lunch.

It may also be 80 degrees outside in December, January, or February, so I have short sleeve cotton tops ready to go 12 months out of the year. I've been wearing tank tops and cardigans for weeks now, along with lighter sweaters under a wrap.

Honored Contributor

Here, in the W NC mountains, we're usually wearing heavy items.  We've seen this weather pattern before.  I'm ironing consignment for spring in March. 

My change over comes at the first of April, although, I don't get out light weight items until I can really wear them. I buy things for my wardrobe when they come out.  I have never been able to wear a sleeveless tank under a light weight sweater or jacket.  I'd freeze to death!

Honored Contributor

When I worked outside my home, I did start maybe mid-March, bringing in a few lighter weight items. It was a slow build up (or down) to actual warm weather. Now that I am retired, I really don't as I am nice and warm inside my home and have a really toasty coat to wear when I am out.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I call this my transitional period.  I need lighter weight stuff because we have very warm days (like Tuesday and Wednesday of this week when it was mid-70s and 80), so I don't want to wear heavy wool, suede or leather boots, but I'm not quite ready  for Spring pastels.  I got with mostly brighter colors with black pants or skirts.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I wear 3/4 length sleeves all year long through all four seasons.  I also have long sleeve and short sleeve tops.  All are 100% cotton.

i never tweak  my wardrobe or change out my clothing.  I keep everything in my closet and wear what the weather calls for.

Yesterday we had a freak 80 degrees.  Today it’s 37 degrees out. Crazy weather and it’s not even March yet.

i have a ton of sweaters and didn’t even wear them this winter. I just put a warm coat on to go out and was cozy.

Honored Contributor

I go by the actual weather we're having, not the month. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm with JaxsMom on this one. In Michigan spring doesn't really arrive until May.

Respected Contributor

I've already washed and put away my heaviest sweaters. Although it's cold today in N. Texas, the weather shifts from day to day. Somehow, my thick sweaters don't seem seasonal any longer. 

I bought a few new sweaters this month. They're in fresh, lighter colors and lighter in weight (GAP, Loft).