Respected Contributor

Re: Do you tuck your shirts in?

[ Edited ]

I figured out way back in high school that a tucked in shirt looks horrible on me. I'm short waisted, full chest. When my shirt's tucked in, there's not enough space between waist and chest. It's a fact, and there's nothing to be done about it.

And who cares if it's "neater" tucked in, if it makes you look awful? lol. 

I always hated uniforms that included a tucked shirt (like high school drill team). I was miserable with my shirt tucked in. 

Fortunately, no one makes me tuck them in anymore!

Respected Contributor

No. I have always hated to . It is just too much to fuss with. I am so happy with tunics or longish tops.

No matter what my weight and age I have hated to tuck in or mess with a belt. Makes a bathroom visit seem an eternity.

I have never witnessed a 'half tuck' that to me doesn't look sloppy no matter the size or beauty of the wearer.  Either in or out.

Respected Contributor

Not in the last 25 years.

Esteemed Contributor

No. As several others have mentioned I'm short-waisted and apple shaped which doesn't work with a tucked in shirt. 

Honored Contributor

I tucked all the time in th 70s - 90s. When wearing shirts out became more fashionable I stopped. Now that tucking is trending again I have tried it, but didn't like it on me. I also tried the front and back tucks but it was strange and unflattering on me.  I rarely wear woven button down shirts so there's no need to tuck. Most of my tops are knits which I wouldn't tuck anyway. 

Trusted Contributor

I tuck shirts and blouses into skirts for work all the time.  Into pants?  Again, only for work and ONLY if I am wearing a jacket or cardi over it.  Casually? into jeans? never.