Honored Contributor

Re: Do you tuck your shirts in?

no

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I only do a front tuck when I'm wearing pants with fly front closure.  I don't like to see the zipper and button outline through my shirt.

Otherwise .. shirt out!

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Looking neat and pulled together never went out of style where I live. I tuck my button down shirts in and sometimes I tuck my white tees into my jeans.  I add a jacket or sweater.  I have a "booty" so when I tuck a top in, And when I tuck in, I always wear a belt.  I look more polished that way.  And I always wear a cardigan or jacket. Of course I wear knit tops and tops that are not meant to be tucked in but I have never...ever....worn anything that is big, loose, baggy  or oversized.  

Honored Contributor

Never. I am short waisted with very long legs, have a large bust and am Apple shape.   Tucking my shirt in makes me look like a cartoon character and is extremely unflattering. 

Style is dressing in the manner that flatters YOUR shape. Proportion and fit are key....which is why I don't tuck.

Esteemed Contributor

I used to when I had  a 23 inch waist,now that the number is reversed...no.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Occasional Contributor

Sadly havent tucked in a shirt in 20 yrs. No longer an option or good look for me.

Valued Contributor

I wear tops with waist definition but since I am shortwaisted I don't tuck.  The one exception is a very thin silk blouse that I tuck into a pencil skirt.

Honored Contributor

I often tuck and I'm convinced the half tuck came from all these big excessively long shirts that chop your legs off so you tuck in the front just to show the full extension of your height. At 5' 2" I can't afford to lose any!
Respected Contributor

Oh my, no! Too short-waisted.