Respected Contributor

I think for a while tucking your shirt in fell out of style, but lately I have been gravitating towards that look. I got tired of the huge oversized tops and decided slim fitting shirts were much more flattering on me (I'm slimmer on top). I've even been looking at body suits. I have been wearing shirts tucked with mid to high waisted pants. I don't wear a belt or anything.

What do you think of this look?

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Frequent Contributor

Re: Do you tuck your shirts in?

i say what ever fashion style works for you than go for it!  

I am round in the middle so that look does not work for me but I know on other women it looks great!  That is what i love about fashion- go with what makes you feel good and pretty!  

Super Contributor

I sometimes do the half tuck, especially if my shirt tends to come untucked at the back anyway Smiley Very Happy

I don't really like totally untucked, unless the shirt is more fitted at the waist.

To do the half-tuck, it helps to have a shirt that's a bit looser so you can blouson (is that a word?) it a bit over your waistband.

Valued Contributor

I think a tucked in shirt looks neat.  I, like many women, have for quite a few years now been wearing tunic type tops and slim bottoms.  They are great for comfort, but sometimes look a bit schlumpy.  Also, that style although comfortable, gives us permission to ignore our waistlines.  You feel you can always hide beneath all the fabric.  Some women's bodies look better with tucked in, waist accentuating clothes than others.  That being said, I think there are ways to camouflage a larger waistline by tucking and wearing a nice belt, then putting a jacket or cardigan over it leaving it open in front.  

Honored Contributor

I'm not a tucker because I don't like it on me.  However, I see other women who are slim and wearing more body conscious shirts tucked in and I think it looks good.  I also sometimes like the half tuck.

I really hate when I see people with heavier shirts tucked in or sweaters.  Ugh.

Honored Contributor

No, I never tuck shirts in, regardless of my size/weight. Never have. Never will. I'm short-waisted & tucking a shirt in emphasizes that.

Oversized clothing looks horrible & sloppy on my small frame so I have always avoided that look. "Sloppy" is not the look I aspire to have.

Tucking shirts in or leaving them out has always been just a choice, neither is really ever in/out. How either look is styled may be in/out or good/bad. 

Trusted Contributor

I do half tuck or no tuck.  I'm not liking the full tuck these days.  I'm very fit with no stomach but still don't like the way it looks for some reason.

Honored Contributor

@mpobs wrote:

i say what ever fashion style works for you than go for it!  

I am round in the middle so that look does not work for me but I know on other women it looks great!  That is what i love about fashion- go with what makes you feel good and pretty!  

Yes to this. I'm both apple shaped and short, so I hate tucking things in. It's hard to find tops in petite sizes, so tucking them in is bulky and causes weird lumps. I only tuck when I'm required to, like if I am volunteering at an event and they ask us to tuck in the volunteer shirt they give us. I generally buy shirts or sweaters that are not meant to be tucked so that it isn't an issue.

Esteemed Contributor

No, haven't tucked for years...

Honored Contributor

I have a couple of really nice belts, so when I am in the mood to wear those I do.