QVC Customer Care

Re: Do you think these look tacky?

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Respected Contributor

A regular QVC vendor has made this dress her uniform.  I don't care for this style.

Esteemed Contributor

Some of them, yes.  

Honored Contributor

I love these styles on many of the professional women that I see wearing them, but since the word "tacky" is SO subjective as to be all but totally meaningless, I simply don't use it when describing clothing choices of other people.

I believe the choices other women make are absolutely none of my business. One of my favorite TV personalities (not QVC) is wearing a comparable style right now, and I like the way she looks very much. She did not contact me for my opinion. 

Respected Contributor

Everything can look tacky.

I don't think those style dress look tacky.

Honored Contributor

I don't mind something like this-

Image result for colorblock scuba dress

I don't love these-

This one reminds me of a drunk penguin- hurts my eyes.  

Honored Contributor

What looks tacky is very subjective. 

IMO if the color block is on the sides only or at the waist only it can be very flattering. I also thinks it works better in neutral colors. I have a grey ponte knit dress with black side panels. It is not form fitting but more of an a-line shape so I usually put a wide black belt around my waist to give it more shape. I get compliments every time I wear it. 

Btw I am a medium sized gal, and with the right fit a woman of any size can look good in these dresses. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I actually like that type of dress and have noticed how great many look in them as a skiny flat chested person can actually look curvy and a too curvy person can look more proportioned depending on where the color blocking is.  Hardly anyone buys clothing saying they do not care how they look and most will try to accuntuate thier best features and downplay the worst.  That is what this type of clothing does.  Tacky is in the eye of the beholder.  

Honored Contributor

Color blocking can look good - or bad - but I don't care for anything that is skin-tight or smaller. Not on anyone of any size or age.

So many people wear clothing that is stretched tightly across their body. Not a good look, IMO.

Respected Contributor

Definitely not a fan of this look.  I absolutely don't see the "slimming" effect.  I usually am thinking the opposite when I see someone wearing this.  I promise if I was having a chubby moment, this is the last style I would think to wear.  Screams "Look at ME!!", and my highlighted problem areas.  Tacky?  Not sure, but definitely ridiculous.