Valued Contributor

Re: Do you think the vendors are asked to tell the same stories every time they present?

Oh, girls. I just read the comments on this thread. Take a chill pill. Cool It is all hype. It's a shopping channel trying to sell us stuff we probably don't need. Really, think about it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Do you think the vendors are asked to tell the same stories every time they present?

On 5/3/2014 birkin baby said:

Josie Maran and her " Aaarrrrddgon oil" story is so tired.

But Renee dirty dancing(lol) as her sales pitch has my vote as the most unwatchable vendor. Next is Orthaheel with that magic marker on Stacy Ann's leg.

I can't even stand to look at Renee much less watch the dirty dancing thing, esp. when that one girl starts twerking. And I actually feel like I'm gonna gag when that ortho guy starts talking with that accent because it sounds like he's gagging on his own words!

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/3/2014 Raider Fan said:

Oh, girls. I just read the comments on this thread. Take a chill pill. Cool It is all hype. It's a shopping channel trying to sell us stuff we probably don't need. Really, think about it.

Exactly. They're trying to get new customers all the time. So they're going to repeat their sales pitches, stories, and whatever else they use to sell whatever it is they're selling. Repeat customers are good, but they know they already have loyal followers. They want new ones! They don't worry about "alienating" existing customers because those customers already like the product.

QVC doesn't expect people to be watching 24/7 and they certainly don't worry that they might be boring or annoying the people "who watch often". Their focus is on being informative to those who have not heard the stories, etc before. Drawing in new customers is critical in sales, so that's where their focus is always going to be.

I am not a huge fan of QVC in general, but I really can't fault them for that. Kiss

Contributor

Great thread. I would imagine that the vendors are asked to do whatever's selling. As long as the story sells, they'll keep telling it.

I personally don't buy Women With Control because of the dancing. I find it degrading to the models and the viewers both. In my mind, every time that music starts I see Renee wearing a G-string looking for all of us to stuff it with bills. I can't stomach it.

Honored Contributor

On 5/3/2014 house cat said:
On 5/3/2014 Clover29 said:

It's a sales pitch, not a soap opera or daytime chat show. I think women who watch QVC as entertainment all the time are in the minority, but they may be over-represented on the boards compared to the general population of customers.

I'm sure that's true. I still have many friends who have never heard of QVC, or if they have, they've never watched it.

Really, are they not people who watch a lot of TV or not shoppers?

I am interested.

Honored Contributor

On 5/3/2014 Shopping_Mama said:

Great thread. I would imagine that the vendors are asked to do whatever's selling. As long as the story sells, they'll keep telling it.

I personally don't buy Women With Control because of the dancing. I find it degrading to the models and the viewers both. In my mind, every time that music starts I see Renee wearing a G-string looking for all of us to stuff it with bills. I can't stomach it.

There was an interview posted with Renee, there is a lot more to her than the dancing, I wish she hadn't started it because it lends a negative air to her and her product. It's too bad she can't dial it back a bit.

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/3/2014 Bird mama said:

I'm watching the Quacker show and thought of you immediately when Angel launched into the story of the Dream Jeanne {#emotions_dlg.laugh}.

I think they present as though every viewer is seeing them for the first time.

Here's the kung-fu kick

Without meaning any disrespect, I think the difference with QF is that new people won't know who Jeanne Bice is. So they really have no basis behind the story.
Esteemed Contributor

On 5/4/2014 jackthebear said:
On 5/3/2014 Shopping_Mama said:

There was an interview posted with Renee, there is a lot more to her than the dancing, I wish she hadn't started it because it lends a negative air to her and her product. It's too bad she can't dial it back a bit.

ITA - I like Renee and I like the items I purchased from her lines. I don't like the dancing.
Super Contributor

On 5/4/2014 jackthebear said:
On 5/3/2014 Clover29 said:

It's a sales pitch, not a soap opera or daytime chat show. I think women who watch QVC as entertainment all the time are in the minority, but they may be over-represented on the boards compared to the general population of customers.

I'm sure that's true. I still have many friends who have never heard of QVC, or if they have, they've never watched it.

Really, are they not people who watch a lot of TV or not shoppers?

I am interested.

Most of us who have cable or satellite t.v. have hundreds of channels. I don't know about you, but I don't think I watch more than five of them in a week. I DVR my favorites and barely have time to watch them. I think it's the same for most people. In the old days, when there were a dozen options, we surfed through to see what was on at any given time. If you don't surf the channels and you aren't aware of the shopping channels, you wouldn't be likely to watch them.

Respected Contributor

On 5/3/2014 Bird mama said:

I saw that! Poor Maria didn't want to do it. I really enjoy Angel and I like Susan Graver very much also, but those stories are so tiresome. I guess customers like me who already know the stories should just order online.

BTw, did you happen to hear Jane say that she literally grabbed a woman's shirt in the Magic Kingdom to reveal her QF label? I wouldn't recommend trying that. Someone did that to me at work and I wanted to deck her.. imagine a stranger?

I agree. If they're close enough to grab my collar, this old lady is gonna give 'em an elbow, a knee or a foot in some profound place!

I had a neighbor years ago in N.C. who got sick of her high school twin boys coming home and telling her that people kept grabbing their shirt collars to see the labels, etc. It was quite a thing about labels in those days. She solved the problem - went to an embroidery store and had labels made up that said, "Mind Your Own D*** Business". (No stars in hers!) Replaced all the existing ones. Not only solved the problem for her boys, but started a new trend in the school.

BTW, not that anyone cares, but I stopped watching QF just because of that disgusting karate kick. Does silly Angel really think this is cute for a not so young woman? Maybe we should rename her Angelo.