Super Contributor

Do you think the vendors are asked to tell the same stories every time they present?

I wonder which is more effective… telling the stories to the new customers or alienating those of us tried and true customers who watch often and are sick of hearing how Susan Graver got started in the business or how Jeanne Bice almost did backflips when she discovered Dream Jeannes.

I guess that's what the "mute" button is for. {#emotions_dlg.sleep}

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you think the vendors are asked to tell the same stories every time they present?

I'm watching the Quacker show and thought of you immediately when Angel launched into the story of the Dream Jeanne .

I think they present as though every viewer is seeing them for the first time.

Here's the kung-fu kick

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you think the vendors are asked to tell the same stories every time they present?

Honored Contributor

That's what selling is all about - telling the story behind the products. Not meant to be entertainment for those who watch all the time!!

Super Contributor

On 5/3/2014 Bird mama said:

I saw that! Poor Maria didn't want to do it. I really enjoy Angel and I like Susan Graver very much also, but those stories are so tiresome. I guess customers like me who already know the stories should just order online.

BTw, did you happen to hear Jane say that she literally grabbed a woman's shirt in the Magic Kingdom to reveal her QF label? I wouldn't recommend trying that. Someone did that to me at work and I wanted to deck her.. imagine a stranger?

Honored Contributor

On 5/3/2014 house cat said:

BTw, did you happen to hear Jane say that she literally grabbed a woman's shirt in the Magic Kingdom to reveal her QF label? I wouldn't recommend trying that. Someone did that to me at work and I wanted to deck her.. imagine a stranger?

I grew up in Detroit. It's not a good idea to sneak up on me {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Honored Contributor

I am totally sick of Stacey and the painted leg and the Orthoheel guys.

The minute I see them...I'm switch channels.

I have 2 pair of their sandals and like them very much...but they need a new pitch!

Super Contributor

On 5/3/2014 Bird mama said:
On 5/3/2014 house cat said:

I grew up in Detroit. It's not a good idea to sneak up on me {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

I hear ya! I grew up in NYC.

Honored Contributor

And then there's Josie Maran's story and the Ryka lady, among others. I'm not sure I understand why they have to keep repeating the stories, but I guess that they get a lot more new customers each presentation than I realize.

Super Contributor

On 5/3/2014 Krimpette said:

And then there's Josie Maran's story and the Ryka lady, among others. I'm not sure I understand why they have to keep repeating the stories, but I guess that they get a lot more new customers each presentation than I realize.

I don't even watch the beauty shows and somehow I heard Josie's story at least a dozen times.