Respected Contributor

Re: Do you think the vendors are asked to tell the same stories every time they present?

On 5/4/2014 ilovedaisies said: Never watching a QF show, I'm not familiar with Jeanne Bice kicking anything. What's the deal with that one?

Well, appropriately enough, I've heard Angel tell the story several times. Smile She said that someone who had Dream Jeannes said they were so comfy and stretchy that she wore them to her self defense classes. Angel did some type of karate kick in conjunction with that, and now she gets requests from QF fans to do the kick when she's on with Dream Jeannes. Doesn't bother me one way or another -- just having fun, demonstrating how easily the pants move, and the Quacker models don't seem to mind taking part (they're kind of a fun, expressive bunch).

Contributor

Re: Do you think the vendors are asked to tell the same stories every time they present?

You missed the high kick from Sally (she used to work for Birkenstock, now I think it's Earth shoes). I just laugh when I hear the Women w/Control music. I can't watch the Ortho guy - the writing on the leg and his accent bothers me.

Honored Contributor

On 5/3/2014 house cat said:

I wonder which is more effective… telling the stories to the new customers or alienating those of us tried and true customers who watch often and are sick of hearing how Susan Graver got started in the business or how Jeanne Bice almost did backflips when she discovered Dream Jeannes.

I guess that's what the "mute" button is for. {#emotions_dlg.sleep}

No, I don't wonder which is more effective because QVC is the number one shopping channel globally and their 4th quarter earnings report said that US revenue was up almost 6%.

But sure, they should take advice from people on the forums because we clearly know more about their business than they do.

Honored Contributor

They're actually robots with pre-recorded presentations.

Super Contributor

I give Josie props for telling the story in a tongue-in-cheek way. She always looks like she's going to giggle every time she starts to tell it, which I appreciate, because I understand why she needs to say it at every presentation, but it's kind of an eye roll.

Honored Contributor

On 5/5/2014 Happy Elizabeth said:

I give Josie props for telling the story in a tongue-in-cheek way. She always looks like she's going to giggle every time she starts to tell it, which I appreciate, because I understand why she needs to say it at every presentation, but it's kind of an eye roll.

I agree. The times I heard her almost not tell the story, the host prompted her to do it.