Super Contributor

Re: Do you think garments worn by models & hosts are ever ""pinned up"" or altered to look better?

Of course-you're naive to think they wouldn't be! Many times designers will even make a new garment for a host who is a very small size or do alterations so it shows off the garment to the designers advantage!

Super Contributor

Re: Do you think garments worn by models & hosts are ever ""pinned up"" or altered to look better?

Of course! Occasionally they flub and the Q saleswoman turns a model around - and YIKES!!! tons of metal clothespins, etc. holding the garment !

But to be fair, most items on store mannequins are pinned, tucked, etc.

Trusted Contributor

Indubitably.

Contributor

On 3/21/2014 daisyk said:

I've seen Sandra with a jacket pinned or clipped in the back. She started to do a turn to show the jacket and caught it in the monitor and turned back face front quickly. They probably do this more than we think.

I was just going to write about this. As I saw this a few days ago.

Which helps explain why I have to return XS clothing items... because they are sooo HUGE!

Super Contributor

No doubt!!!
Respected Contributor

I saw Carolyn recently in a pair of capris that had a flared type hem. When the tall slim models were shown in the capris the hems were narrow and fit closer to the leg. I don't like the look of a flared or loose leg capri. Some would say look at the measurement before ordering but if it looks so different in smaller sizes how would you know if the measurements were accurate? How do we even know if the hosts are disclosing their actual size? Just trust and believe?
Super Contributor

Most def. I think everything LR wears is custom made or at least custom fitted on her, JRT too. The rest I'm not really sure about. Where ever JRT gets her clothing from, I bet they custom fit and alter before they ever leave the store.

Honored Contributor

On 3/21/2014 september said: Absolutely! Because many of those tiny models wouldn't fit into the sizes sold here.

Exactly what my thoughts are. Q hasn't always done XXS and XS and the items would always fit the smaller models!

Respected Contributor

Without a doubt- OF COURSE!

Honored Contributor

Yes, I think the garments are pinned and tucked. I also notice that when the taller models are wearing regular length pants, they pull them down. The Q dies this much less than photo shoots, because we can see.