Super Contributor

Re: Do you think garments worn by models & hosts are ever ""pinned up"" or altered to look better?

I've noticed those boxy shirts never look boxy on the models. I think sewing tape or some device it used to make the shirts more fitted on air.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you think garments worn by models & hosts are ever ""pinned up"" or altered to look better?

On 3/27/2014 magicmoodz said:

I don't recall if it was HSN or Shop HQ, but in the last couple of weeks and sometime during the night, a model turned to the side just a bit too much and I could clearly see a great big banana-type clip cinching her dress.

I saw that last week on an HSN model. I don't know if she caught it in the monitor or what but she turned right back forward.

Frequent Contributor

Yep
Respected Contributor

Probably, but is anything we see in retail real? Store mannequins are fitted with the garments, models in fashion shows are fitted, & the photos in the fashion magazines are air-brushed. Everything's an illusion. We just have to figure out which of these illusions will suit our own dimensions, lifestyles & tastes.

Valued Contributor

Especially Susan Graver. I wrote it in a review one time. I think it was a dress, and Susan looked so good, the dress fit her perfectly. What I received was much longer and boxy. There is no way she didn't have it taylored