Contributor

Re: Do you still wear scarves?

There was a time when I would always pair a "fashion" scarf with a sweater or tunic. I do still wear an occasional scarf....usually it is large in size and worn more as extra layer over a long duster style cardigan in cooler temps. I replaced the scarf with a long length necklace.

How about "shrug" style sweaters?!?! I recently cleaned my closet of all but one. At one point a shrug would almost always be worn over something sleeveless.

Honored Contributor

A scarf is what attracted my now husband to me! Years ago, during the 70's, we worked together. I always wore a small scart around my neck that matched my outfit. He loved that. I still wear scarves. For fashion but mostly now for warmth! During our cold winters I have tons of heavy knit scarves to keep me warm. Love scarves!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Only in the winter and only with my coat.  I have a couple of Joan Rivers plaid winter scarves for coats and a red sparkly one I wear during the Christmas holidays with a black wool winter coat.  Other than that, I am not a scarf wearer.

Esteemed Contributor

I wear one with my coat in the cold days of winter.....with a outfit...not anymore...

Esteemed Contributor

I have ooodles of scarves in every shape, fabric, and color combo.  When I worked in a corporate office, I could change up a suit or dressy outfit by wearing a different scarf around my neck or over my shoulders.  These days, I only wear heavyweight scarves with my winter coats.  Brrrr.... it's been below zero here the last few days and I've needed thick scarves!  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I wear scarves as an accessory to an outfit for work sometimes but often I get too warm (even with a lightweight scarf) thanks to my "personal summers".  I'm sure when I'm retired I will dress more casually and will no longer wear them but for now, I'll occasionally use them to dress up a simple top for the office.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat

I am waiting for this to go down in price; if it ever does, I will snap it up.

Aurora Silk Twill Paisley Scarf, Red/Multicolor

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono

That is gorgeous.  I don't own a square scarf (mine are all rectangular) but I've been looking for one that isn't too heavy. What is that one made of?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat,@lolakimono,

Scarfs are one of my favorite accessories. Love my Hermes carrés  particularly with their rings (in Amazon you have the exact replicas and in You Tube the videos on how to play with them).

Hermes has its own book however the videos are better🌻

Esteemed Contributor

I wear silk scarves with my jackets.  The best place to buy is the Bay (do a search on your preferred size and material and then by price).  There are many that are $8-$10 including shipping and they are beautiful in person!