Honored Contributor

Re: Do you still buy the the Joan Rivers clothing?

[ Edited ]

@ellaphant wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Well. Joan died.  After her death, the company had to change because Joan's vision was gone.  It couldn't be Joan talking about her Chanel jackets and what she wore to this or that event.  Now they sell clothing that women of a certain age like and wear.  They make what sells.  Yes, I occasionally buy Joan Rivers clothing because the fit and quality works and they are basics that work with other things in my wardrobe.  A couple of days ago, I bought the new quilted barn jacket.  I bought it in a pumpkin colour.  I still wear the original quilted jacket that I bought in red when Joan was with us.  Still looks great.

@chrystaltree 

I'll tell  you what I think but it might not be popular.  This is Melissa Rivers' line and David does what she tells him to do and she is not cut from the same cloth as her elegantly attired and well-groomed mother.

No, Melissa never wore or would wear Joan's line. Was never her style and she wears designer clothes. Melissa would not be telling David to make smile hems and tunics. Q does that. All Melissa does is collect the money.

@ellaphant 

Do you ever catch Melissa's podcast to see how she dresses?  Very casual, ripped jeans, chambray shirts, very much the "poverty" look of the young and rich and restless.

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Well. Joan died.  After her death, the company had to change because Joan's vision was gone.  It couldn't be Joan talking about her Chanel jackets and what she wore to this or that event.  Now they sell clothing that women of a certain age like and wear.  They make what sells.  Yes, I occasionally buy Joan Rivers clothing because the fit and quality works and they are basics that work with other things in my wardrobe.  A couple of days ago, I bought the new quilted barn jacket.  I bought it in a pumpkin colour.  I still wear the original quilted jacket that I bought in red when Joan was with us.  Still looks great.

@chrystaltree 

I'll tell  you what I think but it might not be popular.  This is Melissa Rivers' line and David does what she tells him to do and she is not cut from the same cloth as her elegantly attired and well-groomed mother.

No, Melissa never wore or would wear Joan's line. Was never her style and she wears designer clothes. Melissa would not be telling David to make smile hems and tunics. Q does that. All Melissa does is collect the money.

@ellaphant 

Do you ever catch Melissa's podcast to see how she dresses?  Very casual, ripped jeans, chambray shirts, very much the "poverty" look of the young and rich and restless.

I wear chambray shirts and I wear a distressed Jean jacket but I'm not young or rich. I've also seen Melissa on ' party/ event ' pages of In Style and the NYT. Designer clothing A-Z.

Honored Contributor

I have a pair of her ponte knit shorts that are my absolute #1 favorite in my closet.  I wish I had 20 pairs!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

Joan was a business woman first and foremost, she'd sell whatever people would buy be it barn jackets or ball gowns. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth