Respected Contributor

Re: Do you routinely pay over $125 for a pair of shoes?

@On It wrote:

@Mindy D Yes, I do pay more than $125 for a pair of shoes. I wear SAS which are leather and most of their styles are handcrafted in the United States. My foot is narrow, so I cannot wear a medium which is the narrowest width in many less expensive shoes.

The same thing for me with the dreaded narrow feet. I buy SAS and also pricey New Balance. But I don't buy many shoes at all anymore...just enough to survive, so to speak.

Honored Contributor

I don't buy a lot of shoes, but when I do, I tend to pay more. 

Honored Contributor

My feet have changed a lot in the years since my knee replacements.   $150 is the most I will spend for a pair of shoes; mainly Brooks athletic shoes, and I try to buy them on sale.   

Honored Contributor

No.

Honored Contributor

Wow I love those!  I just wouldn't be able to justify the price because I know I wouldn't wear them enough.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D   Generally no, but I have purchased 2 pair of Spring Step shoes. I like an open toe, closed back shoe and that style is really hard to find.  I try to find them on sale but that rarely happens...I do wear my shoes to death.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs @I think I know which shoe you are talking about. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D   Your new shoes are adorable and will never go out of style.  I think you made a good choice .... it is a challenge to find a quality pair of shoes under the price you paid.  Enjoy your new shoes!

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Mom2Dogs @I think I know which shoe you are talking about. 

Have you tried CHARIX or BIRDIES shoes?  I have not purchased yet but do go to their websites often to browse.  My feet are different sizes, and it's so frustrating and difficult to find good fitting shoes.  

Most of the time I wear a flat - closed toe and heel.

Respected Contributor

I pay about $100 for a pair of shoes. If I really like them I will spend more. The only shoes I seem to spend less on are Skechers, which I find very comfortable.