Honored Contributor

Do you routinely pay over $125 for a pair of shoes?

[ Edited ]

Do you routinely pay over $125 for a pair of shoes? I splurged today on two pair of Spring Step closed toe sandal type shoes. I usually have trouble finding this type of shoe. In the past five years I've had trouble finding this type of shoe every year.  I feel guilty. They were $129 each. I'm usually  

a buyer of much less expensive shoes, looking for shoes that are marked down.  I also have nowhere to go and don't leave home. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you routinely pay over $125 for a pair of shoes?

I have dozens of pairs of shoes, all the same size.  Spring Step is the only brand that never fits in length so I quit buying them, although some are really cute. I buy many name brand shoes on Zulily so I don't find it necessary to pay that much for them, usually under $50.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Mindy D Yes, I do pay more than $125 for a pair of shoes. I wear SAS which are leather and most of their styles are handcrafted in the United States. My foot is narrow, so I cannot wear a medium which is the narrowest width in many less expensive shoes.

Respected Contributor

If I needed to pay $125 for comfy, stylish shoes, I would pay it!  I need a wide shoe and very few shoes are comfy on my right foot (in which I broke a bone several years ago and have required a few surgeries to TRY and relieve the pain, etc., etc.).

The best shoes for my foot problem are Alegria.  I can wear a FEW Skechers, also, if they have enough padding.  I can usually pay less than $125, but a few of my Alegria's have cost a bit more.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 @Now you've got me thinking that I should have sized up since they have a pointed toe. When Courtney and Jane T were presenting, they discussed their sizing and talked over each other so I couldn't hear what they said. Darn it. 

Honored Contributor

Not routinely, no.  I love Mephisto sandals and have splurged, especially for vacation.  I really love Scetchers tie up sneakers because they never cause a problem and last a long time.  But I have a thing for purses and have splurged on quite a few (not guilty....  :womanhappy).....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

All of my shoes, unless I can get a pair on ebay are over $125.00.

I wear Fly London (Not a 1 season shoe), but I get my use out of them.  

I stood my entire life as a teacher on hard floors and now keep busy in retail and run all over the store as a stylest.

Occasionally, I'll think "That feels good" (shoe), but NEVER do my feet hurt.

Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

Not routinely, no.  I love Mephisto sandals and have splurged, especially for vacation.  I really love Scetchers tie up sneakers because they never cause a problem and last a long time.  But I have a thing for purses and have splurged on quite a few (not guilty....  :womanhappy).....

@Q4u @I have tons of Skechers and other shoes. My reason for buying at the high price is the difficulty I have finding closed toe sandals I really like. It's easy for me to find every other type of shoe at a better price. 

Honored Contributor

@spent2much   I like Alegrias too but I always get them discounted at the end of the season on alegriashoeshop.com.  The have many right now.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 Yes, I've bought several pair of Alegria's at that site.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!