Honored Contributor

Re: Do you routinely pay over $125 for a pair of shoes?

Not anymore.  When I had to dress more professionally than I do now, I did.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Mombo1 @By any chance, di

@Mombo1 wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

Do you routinely pay over $125 for a pair of shoes? I splurged today on two pair of Spring Step closed toe sandal type shoes. I usually have trouble finding this type of shoe. In the past five years I've had trouble finding this type of shoe every year.  I feel guilty. They were $129 each. I'm usually  

a buyer of much less expensive shoes, looking for shoes that are marked down.  I also have nowhere to go and don't leave home. 

@Mindy D    I can't say that I routinely pay $125 for a pair of shoes..but Spring Step is my favorite brand.   The European sizing fits me perfectly and the quality is always there.  About 5 years ago I found the perfect leather boot...the Bolah.  The leather is exceptional and the first pair lasted me almost 4 years.  They were almost $200 but I got them on sale for $150 (way more than I ever paid for a boot) and never regretted it.  When I saw them again "off season" on sale I purchased 2 more pair at different times and put them away just in case they would be discontinued.  I have had other Spring Step sandals and they are always well worth the price.  But yes...it is a splurge for me too.  Every now and then you have to spoil yourself if you want the quality.  Enjoy your new shoes!   

@Mombo1 @By any chance, we're as the boot toe pointed? If it was pointed, did you just stick to your regular size.?

@Mindy D    I always stick to my regular size 7... or in Spring Step 37 European sizing.  
The toe in this boot is more of an almond shape....not pointed and not round.  It's very attractive and feminine looking.  The leather is soft and smooth.  You would not be disappointed with the Bolah.  

Honored Contributor

If I really wanted the shoes, I would pay the price.  I don't own a lot of shoes, so the ones I own, I wear.

Respected Contributor

ErbhaveRe: Do you routinely pay over $125 for a pair of shoes?

Never have.  I just never had to.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

No.  I will buy myself a pair of Birkenstocks but that's usually from money made after our neighborhood garage sale.  

Respected Contributor

No. Too expensive!  I only buy shoes that are healthy for my feet, but try to get them at a high end shoe store near me, when they have sales-

Honored Contributor

No, not at all.  The only times I have spent that kind of money in the past was for boots.  I have ankle and feet issues and have to watch the kind of shoes I wear, but I still have to watch my $$$$.  If the doctor told me I needed to buy shoes which cost this much in order to make my feet and ankles better and feel better, then I would.  Otherwise, no!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I typically pay well over $125 for shoes since I have very narrow feet and can only wear certain shoes. Most brands' narrow sizes are still too wide for me. The only time I end up paying less is when I get lucky and find an expensive pair that I want marked way down on Amazon. Wearing good quality shoes that fit well is important, so I pay what I must. Oh I forgot....I also regularly use certain I inserts on certain pairs, so many end up being even more expensive.

Valued Contributor

@Mindy D   Last week, a pair of Sam Edelman Felicia, $140.00.

Esteemed Contributor

First let me say I do NOT have a large shoe wardrobe. But with age comes wisdom and I have learned the hard way I must be kind to my feet. I cringe when I think about the number of sanda!s/shoes/boots I have purchased only to find out they simply didn't work for my finicky feet.

Today I am all about quality versus quantity. I would not hesitate to spend $125 or more (the last sandals I purchased were $200) if they met all my stringent criteria.