Honored Contributor

Individual Original Style Catalog.   I think they went out of business about 11 or 12 years ago.  

I've been taking out some "fall colors" tops and pants - and didn't realize I still had so many pieces from IOS.  Very good quality - everything looks almost new.  

All the tops are button front blouses - some tunic length and most are some sort of animal print.  One non-animal has some really pretty embroidery on the front - shades of amber / orange / beige - perfect for Fall.  The pants are all black / knit / straight leg.  

I've had enough summer ... looking forward to Labor Day and Fall clothes.

Honored Contributor

IOS    I thought you were referring to Apple's operating system for it's devices...lol

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree

Funny you should mention that ... that was one of the clues in the current issue of New York Magazine's crossword puzzle!

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA-I brought a bunch of things from them summer and fall pieces when they were going out of business a lot for only $10 I think like linen tunic/jacket, suede pants and some other things I don't remember bu the quality is good I agree.

Respected Contributor

It was 2008. I remember because my husband was in the hospital at the time. Needing a distraction one evening I checked the forums and saw "IOS $5 jackets". I still have a few items including a Jean jacket that looks like new.

Contributor

Yes, I also bought several items and I still wear and enjoy two of them.  One is a somewhat heavy cotton vest in white with aqua swirls and frayed seams that I still get compliments on.  The other is a patchwork looking jacket in fall colors...will soon be getting that out.  I found out about the sale here on the forums and had a lot of fun with it!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you remember IOS?

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Individual Original Style Catalog.   I think they went out of business about 11 or 12 years ago.  

I've been taking out some "fall colors" tops and pants - and didn't realize I still had so many pieces from IOS.  Very good quality - everything looks almost new.  

All the tops are button front blouses - some tunic length and most are some sort of animal print.  One non-animal has some really pretty embroidery on the front - shades of amber / orange / beige - perfect for Fall.  The pants are all black / knit / straight leg.  

I've had enough summer ... looking forward to Labor Day and Fall clothes.

I'm glad you mentioned IOS...I had several items..found a silk/rayon burnout blouse..never worn..washed it today and its perfect. Its in lovely colors of reds w/some graphite...Have several Marla pants they will go nicely..I also have a pr of their shoes..never worn! They're embroidered mules with a pointed toe..! Wish I knew where the other items were...! Woman Frustrated

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West