Honored Contributor

Re: Do you "advertise" your rolls?

Gotta hand it to some young ladies for having such good, high self-esteem.  Wish I had some, and that's for sure!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Someone I know is dating a young woman who is quite large from the waist up.  She isn't too tiny from the waist down either but her upper half is definitely a trouble spot.

This woman doesn't care in the least and wear fitted t-shirts that hug her mid-section and it looks horrible.  Add that to her short shorts and it's quite a sight.  And not a good one.   

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  sounds like a young girl.  i would hate to think an older woman dressing this way.

Honored Contributor

I belong to a gym with a pool.

My eyes can't unsee the things I've seen.

I love that people feel confident enough to let it all hang out in the name of physical fitness.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I try not to advertise mine! As a size 1X-2X, 60 year old, I try to find clothes that "skim" my rolls but make me look curvy, as I do have a waistline. I wear properly fitting bras, and light control "shaper" panties when out and about so there's no jiggling going on, lol! I refuse to wear shapeless clothes, or to encase myself in Spanx--except on very special occasions. I'm very concious of how plus-size people are viewed (fat, sloppy) and do my best to dispell that image.

I quit worrying too much about "back fat" a long time ago, as most everyone I see has some, no matter their size. But a too tight top just emphasizes it!

Trusted Contributor

I was a slave to spanx-type garments.  Last winter I had breast reduction surgery.  While I was at it I decided to have a tummy tuck.  I now have no rolls to advertise.

Valued Contributor

I "sneak" my toasted pecan rolls into my house.

Honored Contributor

I find that buying down a size helps me achieve the look.

Trusted Contributor

@abbeythe 8th wrote:

I was a slave to spanx-type garments.  Last winter I had breast reduction surgery.  While I was at it I decided to have a tummy tuck.  I now have no rolls to advertise.

Oh, how I would love to have a tummy tuck!  Two C-section scars haven't helped my tummy situation.  lol

In answer to the OP's question, I try to cover my rolls,  but sometimes they sneak out!

Valued Contributor

No way would I advertise my "rolls"!  I know that I fell victim to the muffin top in my later 20's and early 30's but thought my blouses covered them up.  Ugh, I was such a fashion victim who did not know any better and thankfully those ill fitting pants are long gone! Anyways, I will wear skinny tees or Yummie daily if I feel that I need a little help or if a top or sweater is a little sheer.  I have also upgraded the denim and trouser quality and fit in my wardrobe.

I do believe that going too far with the oversized look however can be just as bad as wearing clothes that are too small or ill fitting.  Someone has the right to not wear shaping or smoothing garments, but be proud of your body and show your shape !! Smiley Happy