Honored Contributor

Re: Do you "advertise" your rolls?

I've been thinking (re:  teens/younger ladies) that their boyfriends/love interests must like that 'tight', 'show it all' look.  It's really all that I can think (of) about the subject.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I let it all hang out. I wear clothes that are smaller, than my regular size.  Love spandex.

Respected Contributor

The "styling gurus" on certain shows always say you should not wear baggy clothes because it makes you look bigger - wear tighter clothing they say.  I think that's true to an extent, but some people take it way too far lol

Honored Contributor

Not all that long ago, fashion "experts" said "Ladies, embrace your curves" and started dressing  women in clothes so tight they looked like stuffed sausages!      Even thin women look bad in clothes that are too tight.

I do not believe those that let it all hang out have a "healthy self image" .....   they either just don't own a mirror, or are truly delusional!

Valued Contributor

No, I sure don't! I realize that gravity is not kind to me, even though I work out and keep as nice a figure as I can. I always wear tops that are made to skim over those nasty rolls, lol! I also make sure keep an upbeat attitude, that's half the battle of looking good as I get older! 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@TNRatPack wrote:

When I saw this topic I honestly thought "Do some people here actually bake and sell their stuff.  Dinner rolls,  crescent rolls,  Parker house rolls?"  I had no idea I  was this slow.

The slow roll.

(couldn't resist).

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I've been thinking (re:  teens/younger ladies) that their boyfriends/love interests must like that 'tight', 'show it all' look.  It's really all that I can think (of) about the subject.

@ROMARYI agree with this.

Also, just coming from a garage sale weekend, I would also suggest that people buy tons of clothing at garage sales and they wear it if they can get it on (flatterying or not).

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

The main reason for my rolls...

Now those are some nice rolls... but eat enough of these rolls..........

Honored Contributor

When I was in Nordstrom a few years ago for a bra fitting, The saleswoman was trying to force me into a 32" bra, because that's how I was measuring.

I had to push back and insist on a 34" because the amount of back fat created in the 32" would need a tent to cover.  She agreed the 34" looked better from the back.

There's a reason Stacy and Clinton put people inside a 360 degree mirror. 

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

I let it all hang out. I wear clothes that are smaller, than my regular size.  Love spandex.

Why? Don't you care how it looks?