Valued Contributor

Re: Do you "advertise" your rolls?

I don't wear shapewear, but I try to make sure my clothes are loose enough to not emphasize my flaws.  I also avoid buying anything in a tissue weight fabric.  Also, since it is always freezing in my office all year round, I'm generally wearing some kind of cardigan, jacket, or open shirt over my tops most of the time.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Respected Contributor

No rolls here either (:

Frequent Contributor

When I saw this topic I honestly thought "Do some people here actually bake and sell their stuff.  Dinner rolls,  crescent rolls,  Parker house rolls?"  I had no idea I  was this slow.

Honored Contributor

Nope!!!  I don't want to see everyone's rolls and don't want them to see mine!!!! 

I think if possible it's a good idea to cover them up as much as you can.  

I am not going to pick on any age in particular because we all have our issues, but I just want to say, since we are on the subject, I don't get this thing about the young ladies these days wearing those t-shirts and other tops, which are made of that very thin, sretchy material, wearing them glued to their bodies, and showing every bulge, roll, etc.  As I have said many times, just because you are young, does not mean you have the greatest figure and should wear tight, ill fitting garments.  Why not go up a size?  You will look so much nicer and not display all these not so pretty areas.  This can be said for all of us.

If I have an area that I am not so proud of (and I do!), then I try to cover it up.  I don't want to call attention to it!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I definitely don't want to advertise back, stomach, and love handle fat. As I have aged I have noticed how my body has changed in these areas so some tops I would have worn a  few years ago are now questionable or already in the donation bag.  I don't know why some women want to wear things so tightly that they show every lump and bump. 

Respected Contributor

That would be a NO!

But,  I was at the mall the other day and glanced at a mirror when I was walking by - to say the least - that shirt I had on is  NOT going out of this house again, not on me anyhow!  I was like "what were you thinking?" - obviously, I wasn't!! Woman LOL 

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

And that's why Spanx were invented!!  OK, I don't wear real Spanx, but a reasonable facsimile I buy from Kohl's.  To all of you "I don't have any rolls" ladies: Just wait.  It happens to all of us as we age.   I'm a short skinny minny - think Kristen Chenoweth with a smaller bra size - and I have a little roll right at my waist that bothers the heck out of me.  I'm very careful to buy clothing that camoflages my roll or wear the Spanx things.  I certainly don't want to offend any judgmental-type ladies -- you know, like some of the ladies on this board.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Vests help, whether light weight for warm weather or more structured for cooler days.

For really hot days in the NE, I love long tank dresses with a sheer, short over jacket.  ( Restaurants are really over air-conditioned anymore ! )

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Super Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Almost everyone has one or two, even the really fit gals at the gym have them, not so pronounced but they are there.

Do you wear clothing that shows your rolls?

I know some fortunate ladies do not have any...that's nice.

The title of your post made me laugh :0
I have wondered the same thing!

Respected Contributor

You know what I hate? My only "roll" problem when I first put on freshly washed jeans with spandex...they're so tight that they push my tummy fat up so I get a muffin top...then after a few  hours they've loosened up to where they're sliding down, but at least the muffin is gone.  Cat Frustrated

And why is it that body part problems are named after baked goods?  Rolls, muffin tops, buns...  Even "bun in the oven" for a pregnant woman...