Honored Contributor

Re: Do you "advertise" your rolls?

I'm rolling on the floor.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with every one else. I am very fit, but my skin is not attached so tightly anymore due to age, and I try to minimize the exposure. I have mentioned this before ... a mid 70 something member of my gym, who lost an incredible amount of weight (like 100 pounds or something).She is very large chested. She wears leggings and low cut plunging skin tight tops. She is proud of her weight loss and of her "assets". Although most members give her credit for the weight loss achievement, she unfortunately has become the laughing stock of the gym because of her attire.They generally comment on her "sausage casing" look because of the rolls. I think it contributes to the stereotype of the desperate for attention older female. Rather sad, that she is unable to see what the rest of us see because she hasn't made any attempt to hide her rolls, and in fact she emphasizes the "problem" by choosing skin tight clothing more suited to a younger woman or a smaller one (my guess is this person is a 1x). Signs were even posted by management to dress appropriately specifically for her, and trying to be discreet, although it hasn't made any difference.

I camoflage my rolls. I know they are not attractive, and I can be attractive. Woman Tongue ... when I try.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

We are not all perfect and many of us grow up w body image concerns. So on the one hand I say WTG ladies who aren't afraid to wear/not wear certain clothes. (I'm not talking people of walmart bad).   Smiley Happy

That said ... some people could use a friend to help them find better fitting clothing (and be brave enough to say, um, maybe not that outfit).

IMO it's not all about the size of the clothes ... but the style and material used (as in too much spandex) ... that can be a bit of an issue. Some things I just don't think are flattering on any woman ... even the very thin young ladies. This is just my opinion .... but I don't think anyone's backside looks great w/ blingy pockets that go past the backside and slide down onto the back of thighs. Really ... who thinks their tush looks good with thigh pockets?

As for myself, I am concerned about the whole bra induced backfat bulge ... and I consider myself fit. But gravity is a fiend and it will find all of us at some point. So I do my best to look at my backside before I leave my house. The only rolls I'm interested in are cinnamon rolls.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

When I had them, I certainly tried to camoflauge them.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Valued Contributor

I try to hide the rolls if I can!Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624You need to get out in public more!  There are more rolls walking the aisles in some stores than you find in their bakery departments. 

Only some QVC hosts -  that's a sad exaggeration.

Honored Contributor

No, I've never felt the need to advertise rolls or anything else.  

Honored Contributor

I prefer to advertise my buns, sorry I could not resist.

@GCR18 wrote:

No, I've never felt the need to advertise rolls or anything else.  

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

Almost everyone has one or two, even the really fit gals at the gym have them, not so pronounced but they are there.

Do you wear clothing that shows your rolls?

I know some fortunate ladies do not have any...that's nice.

To be honest, I don't have any rolls. Thanks goodness!! I hope that I'm able to stay in shape even after having children in the near future. In my case, it's mostly genetics. Both my dad and mom are fit even at their age. I have a super fast metabolism and it's hard for me to keep weight on. I do yoga but to be fair, I don't have to do much to stay in shape.

None of us are perfect and we all have something that we don't like but not all of us have the same things.

I'm the same. No rolls here!

Trusted Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

Almost everyone has one or two, even the really fit gals at the gym have them, not so pronounced but they are there.

Do you wear clothing that shows your rolls?

I know some fortunate ladies do not have any...that's nice.

To be honest, I don't have any rolls. Thanks goodness!! I hope that I'm able to stay in shape even after having children in the near future. In my case, it's mostly genetics. Both my dad and mom are fit even at their age. I have a super fast metabolism and it's hard for me to keep weight on. I do yoga but to be fair, I don't have to do much to stay in shape.

None of us are perfect and we all have something that we don't like but not all of us have the same things.

I'm the same. No rolls here!